What's new

A good IOS app for editing and uploading scripts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sinner

Anyone have any suggestions for a good IOS app to edit and upload scripts to the router? I've looked at a few like shelly and codeanywhere. I'm just wanting something simple that can edit and upload fairly easy. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is the best section to post this in but under merlin made more sense since we cant use scripts on stock f/w.

I use Termius to ssh over to the Router and edit files directly on the router.

Hmm ill check it out. How u editing them on router?

Hmm ill check it out. How u editing them on router?

The terminal is keyboard based.
Your phone/tablet is touch based.

You are not going to have a good time editing files at all unless you have a bluetooth keyboard synced.

Even with a ssh session open and keyboard present, I still avoid to using the nano/vi built in options.

I use Notepad++ instead as then I gain mouse input, colored syntax, scroll bars, find and replace, highlight, etc. After I finish, its just one button to pscp the new file overwriting the old one.

If you want to edit via terminal you can do

nano /jffs/scripts/script-name
vi /jffs/scripts/script-name

with nano being more friendly than vi.

Ctrl+X to exit nano
ESC then type :q to exit vi

More commands are well documented online already. It is alright for one off changes.

Why are you having to make modifications so often>? I hope you are not in the business of selling scripts/Rmerlin firmware found on this forum. My script personally was intended to completely free.

Last edited:
The terminal is keyboard based.
Your phone/tablet is touch based.

You are not going to have a good time editing files at all unless you have a bluetooth keyboard synced.

Even with a ssh session open and keyboard present, I still avoid to using the nano/vi built in options.

I use Notepad++ instead as then I gain mouse input, colored syntax, scroll bars, find and replace, highlight, etc. After I finish, its just one button to pscp the new file overwriting the old one.

If you want to edit via terminal you can do

nano /jffs/scripts/script-name
vi /jffs/scripts/script-name

with nano being more friendly than vi.

Ctrl+X to exit nano
ESC then type :q to exit vi

More commands are well documented online already. It is alright for one off changes.

Why are you having to make modifications so often>? I hope you are not in the business of selling scripts/Rmerlin firmware found on this forum. My script personally was intended to completely free.

Haha no bro not selling. The only reason im interested in this is because the only time i can mess around with it is late at night and id be more comfortable in bed before i crash than sitting at the pc. I actually do have a bt kewboard for my ipad as well but never use it. Maybe ill have a reason now. Thats so funny youd think that :). This is entirely for personal use on my 3100 and learning it all. I only have cellular 10/2 internat available where im at right now with multiple gamers downloaders netflixers on it. My interests currently are just to see if i can fine tune it to my particular needs while learning it all at the same time. I blame you for making such an awesome script in the 1st place to get me interested.