What's new

A Router That Covers A Longer Range Than RT-AC3200 ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

salam2009

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I know that ASUS RT-AC3200 has enough range for most people but not for me..
Do you guys know a router from any brand which covers more than 6,000 sq ft other than Amped Athena ?
I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Salaam

Last edited:
Do you guys know a router from any brand which covers more than 6,000 sq ft other than Amped Athena ?
I'd really appreciate your help.
Hi Salaam,

Given the size (and even more: the walls in between) I doubt the one 'home router' can do the job.
But I would give it a try with the Asus N66U (with John's fork firmware) as this device is know to have the best range in the Asus family.

On top some directional antennas (like Asus WL-ANT157 or Delock RP-SMA) could help to have the signal send in one direction (or better 2: front and back of the antenna).
But remember: the devices need also strong transmission power to reach the router as it's a bidirectional communication... :rolleyes:

On the other hand a 2 router setup (like I do - see footer) would by sure make things better!
Of course the 2nd router needs a cable LAN connection (LAN cable or via Power-Line) to work.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

EnGenius (are APs, not routers)
Ubiquiti

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!