What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my VPN client's DNS Config to Exclusive. Since then it seems that AB is not working as it uses the DNS-Server from my VPN Host.
Is there a way to make sure no DNS leakage is happening and use AB Solution?
The problem is that on reboot I need a working DNS server and can't use my VPNs one, till it connects. Afterwords I don't want to use that OpenDNS anymore.

So I had a asus 68u and had ab solution and pixel working via USB in router with merlin. I got a Wrt1900ac running ddwrt now I inserted the USB in the new router and it don't seem to be working.

Is there anything I need to do to get it working on the new router or do I have to start fresh?

• Edit: nevermind I'm screwed. Looks like I need merlin firmware to run ab solution. Are there any alternatives for me?

Hi!

I've two little question:

1) AB-Solution 4 is still under development?
2) it's good to do the reset every time a new firmware update comes out. If I have installed AB-Solution and have to reset my router following an update, how should I behave? Do I have to delete everything in the USB drive and install it all again?

Thanks so much!

Hi!

I've two little question:

1) AB-Solution 4 is still under development?
2) it's good to do the reset every time a new firmware update comes out. If I have installed AB-Solution and have to reset my router following an update, how should I behave? Do I have to delete everything in the USB drive and install it all again?

Thanks so much!
Yes ABS 4 is still being worked on.
You should have a copy of your jffs folder. You can do this by using the backup tool on the administration pages this will backup any scripts.
The upgrade procedure shouldn't bother the usb however there have been instances of it causing problems.
The reset procedure doesn't bother the usb drives attached.

Yes ABS 4 is still being worked on.
You should have a copy of your jffs folder. You can do this by using the backup tool on the administration pages this will backup any scripts.
The upgrade procedure shouldn't bother the usb however there have been instances of it causing problems.
The reset procedure doesn't bother the usb drives attached.

Okay! Thanks so much, @skeal
Appreciated!

Hi @thelonelycoder is there a way to install this a raspbian?, I really like the ab-solution while I was using the R66U as router it was a must... but now Im using it as a repeater... son no DNS... I installed Pi-Hole on a raspberry pi 3,... and its not reliable at all, it just stops working, so can it be done?
Thanks

So I had a asus 68u and had ab solution and pixel working via USB in router with merlin. I got a Wrt1900ac running ddwrt now I inserted the USB in the new router and it don't seem to be working.

Is there anything I need to do to get it working on the new router or do I have to start fresh?

• Edit: nevermind I'm screwed. Looks like I need merlin firmware to run ab solution. Are there any alternatives for me?
Yes, OpenWRT. Attention: it does not play well with Broadcom radios.

Hello,

I have probably something to whitelist to use Google-Home and spotify, someone know what do i need to whitelist

Thanks
Shouldn't need to whitelist anything. I use the "level 2 +" and have zero issues.

I put my VPN client's DNS Config to Exclusive. Since then it seems that AB is not working as it uses the DNS-Server from my VPN Host.
Is there a way to make sure no DNS leakage is happening and use AB Solution?
The problem is that on reboot I need a working DNS server and can't use my VPNs one, till it connects. Afterwords I don't want to use that OpenDNS anymore.
:eek: AB Solution will not work over the VPN tunnel when using Policy Rules and Accept DNS Config is set to Exclusive. It will only work over the WAN interface with these settings. You can read why in my blog post here and how to fix it in the section DNSMasq and OpenVPN DNS. Unfortunately, the solution will cause your DNS to leak.

Last edited:
Newbie to Absolution - at Stage 7/7 of the installation, I get the error - ab-solution.sh: line 2: can't fork. Any suggestions on what to do?

Newbie to Absolution - at Stage 7/7 of the installation, I get the error - ab-solution.sh: line 2: can't fork. Any suggestions on what to do?

Install a SWAP file, this can be done with amtm.

Thanks. When I tried to create the swap file, I get the same "cant fork" error. I am running RT-AC86U with 384.5 f/w.

Maybe try a fresh reboot and give it a go again, the cannot fork error is unique to the AC86U but once you get a swap file installed it should be gone for good.

Worst comes to worst temporarily disable AiProtect to free up some ram to get the swap file working then reenable it.

So @thelonelycoder I implore you to give us an explanation why you’ve chosen to use the --insecure option? You’ve made it clear that this is intentional, I just want to know your rational behind the decision.
It would be a support nightmare for me if I were to leave the --insecure flag out. You are welcome to remove it but I don't have the time or willingness to answer questions if it does not work with some email providers. Some user their own servers even.
The insecure flag solves that in a convenient way for me.

AB-Solution 4 is still under development?
Sure is!

No more teasers for AB4 said I. But here's one anyway ;).
fs stands for fast switch between the primary and secondary blocking file, both can be configured individually and are updated in a smart way weekly.
This feature can be turned off or on, as with everything else in AB-Solution.

hUHHoJV.png

Hi @thelonelycoder is there a way to install this a raspbian?, I really like the ab-solution while I was using the R66U as router it was a must... but now Im using it as a repeater... son no DNS... I installed Pi-Hole on a raspberry pi 3,... and its not reliable at all, it just stops working, so can it be done?
Thanks
Hmm...
There is a way :D. Replace your Raspberry Pi with an Asus router and the software it runs on with Asuswrt-Merlin.

It would be a support nightmare for me if I were to leave the --insecure flag out. You are welcome to remove it but I don't have the time or willingness to answer questions if it does not work with some email providers. Some user their own servers even.
The insecure flag solves that in a convenient way for me.

Fair enough. I don’t agree with it, but I don’t think there is anything left to say that could change your mind. We can agree to disagree.

Sure is!

No more teasers for AB4 said I. But here's one anyway ;).
fs stands for fast switch between the primary and secondary blocking file, both can be configured individually and are updated in a smart way weekly.
This feature can be turned off or on, as with everything else in AB-Solution.

hUHHoJV.png

Wow! Looks so sweet.

Will we be able to customize our choices through a graphical interface, such as Pi-Hole, for example (Web-UI)?

Thanks for you gorgeous work.

Status
Not open for further replies.