What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - Do I have to uninstall ABS 3 before installing ABS/Diversion 4?

Also the site for diversion seems not working. It's timing out for me

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
Diversion site is fine. No don't uninstall ab3 just install over and choose port option not clean install.

I was using adsbegone blocking file and upon upgrade to 4.0 it flagged that list as custom as it does not exist as a predefined list in 4.0. My question is what predefined list would be the equivalent at 4.0? Also, if I switch the blocking file would my whitelist still be honored? I assume yes, but wanted to bounce that off the community. Thanks!

How do you set custom DNS forward lookups in Diversion 4.0? I don't want my router to forward DNS queries to my ISP's DNS. I want to specify the DNS servers for my router to use for this....

Basically, I have two dedicated DNS servers (on Windows unfortunately) sitting on the LAN configured for all LAN/Domain IP's and DNS forward lookups to external DNS already configured. I want to point my router to these DNS servers for forward lookups.

So the DNS query flow would be "client -->router (with Diversion/pixelsrv)-->lan DNS-->external DNS" for all DNS queries. Of course, first DNS response in that chain would be the winner, making Diversion work for my clients.

Where can I set this? I can't edit the /etc/resolve.conf or /tmp/etc/resolve.conf file, it is read only.

Advanced Settings > IPv6 > IPv6 DNS settings. Change "connect to dns server automatically" from enable to disable

Specify the DNS settings. in the 3 boxes that appear after you toggle the above setting.

*I am running a Stock build at the moment, I don't recall if the GUI is entirely the same as Merlin. My apologies if it's not.

Advanced Settings > IPv6 > IPv6 DNS settings. Change "connect to dns server automatically" from enable to disable

Specify the DNS settings. in the 3 boxes that appear after you toggle the above setting.

*I am running a Stock build at the moment, I don't recall if the GUI is entirely the same as Merlin. My apologies if it's not.
Yep, already had that one set. Facepalm. Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm seeing these lines in my log:

blocked by wildcard-blacklist c4a61d1d-3bff-a2b0-1cd5-1b07773c88ca.local
blocked by wildcard-blacklist creeper24.local

and more. basically every machine from my local network gets blocked and I get 0.0.0.0 IP as the response from my router.
latest clean install, everything up to date (13th of October 2018), wc-blacklist file is empty

is there anything I've done wrong, please?

Hi there,

I'm seeing these lines in my log:

blocked by wildcard-blacklist c4a61d1d-3bff-a2b0-1cd5-1b07773c88ca.local
blocked by wildcard-blacklist creeper24.local

and more. basically every machine from my local network gets blocked and I get 0.0.0.0 IP as the response from my router.
latest clean install, everything up to date (13th of October 2018), wc-blacklist file is empty

is there anything I've done wrong, please?

As the wildcard blacklist option came with Diversion, you're posting this in the wrong thread. Please post your question here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-adblocker.48538 to avoid confusion for other users. You might as well post the contents of your wildcard blacklist there right away, to find the cause.

Facing same problem with diversion it is not blocking anything.Have tried to reset the router and everything nothing helps

Facing same problem with diversion it is not blocking anything.Have tried to reset the router and everything nothing helps
Wrong thread.

Maybe lock this thread now? One final post here directing readers to the new one?
AB-Solution still runs on many systems. I see no need o lock this thread.

AB-Solution still runs on many systems. I see no need o lock this thread.
Some people are still using AB-Solution, which still functions perfectly well.
The lack of updates does not suddenly make AB-Solution stop working at all !!! ;)

Thank you for not locking this thread :)

Announcing End Of Live (EOL) for all AB-Solution installs and updates

On December 23 2018 all requests for new installations or updates will be redirected to the Diversion installer.
The Diversion installer will prompt to upgrade AB-Solution to its successor Diversion.

This upgrade can be done at any time by running the Diversion install command on your routers ssh console.

The website ab-solution.info will shut down at the end of this year and all requests will be redirected to the Diversion website.

Please use the Diversion thread for questions about updating or any other queries about Diversion. Thanks.

Note: AB-Solution continues to function after EOL but might throw errors during certain functions.

@gspannu you're replying to a year and a half old thread, with the last post above yours stating it is EOL from the author himself. :oops:

Reactions: a5m
Status
Not open for further replies.