What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i haven't enabled pixelserv

If active Ublock origin, blocks all advertising, just the disabled reappears advertising

I just can't figure out what's wrong
Follow the log file [f] and browse some on your device. If the IP shows up for your device, then AB is working. If not check that your device has the DNS set to your router's IP.

you probably need to set your device to use your routers DNS

you probably need to set your device to use your routers DNS
Double the trouble. I wish I could check that from the router's perspective in AB.

Double the trouble. I wish I could check that from the router's perspective in AB.
Theres only so much you can check.... maybe add it as a footnote to the bottom of the router check?

Follow the log file [f] and browse some on your device. If the IP shows up for your device, then AB is working. If not check that your device has the DNS set to your router's IP.

Done, Follow the loglife:

Select log verbosity to follow:

[1] unfiltered log
[2] filtered by blocked domains (192.168.0.99)
[3] filtered by term
e.g by IP address or parts thereof, google.com
No spaces in filter term!

Hit CTRL-C to exit logging

Select log verbosity [1-3 e=Exit]

What should I do??

However, I also installed pixelserv, and nothing has changed

The DNS of the router,and the device,are the same
The device has to have the DNS of the router e.g. 192.168.0.99 Not the same Upstream DNS as the router ... leaving the DNS blank often works too...

The device has to have the DNS of the router e.g. 192.168.0.99 Not the same Upstream DNS as the router ... leaving the DNS blank often works too...

I don't understand, I am now put so

PC Dns:

Router Dns

WAN DNS Setting

Setting DNS server and WINS

Something wrong ??

leave the PC DNS blank..... Router WAN DNS is ok... leave Router DNS server and WINS blank

leave the PC DNS blank..... Router WAN DNS is ok... leave Router DNS server and WINS blank

Ok, so it seems to work

I just can't give a fixed ip of the pc ??

Because if I put a fixed ip without putting dns, do not open the pages

The pages seem to load slightly slower, it depends on the router or USB ??

Ok, so it seems to work

Then put the router's IP in the DNS field.

I don't understand, I am now put so

PC Dns:

Router Dns

WAN DNS Setting

Setting DNS server and WINS

Something wrong ??
This is how it works:
If you ask your Doctor about a problem but you are actually talking to the lovely receptionist, you will not get the answer you're hoping for.
Your device MUST ask the router to resolve DNS queries, else ad-blocking will not work.

Ok, so it seems to work

The PC has to know where to send its DNS lookups...... if you leave the DNS field blank that is the same as saying "i want to use the DNS server at the same IP address i am connected to" ... so you dont have to know what IP address your network has assigned to you..... If you put the fixed IP of the PC in the DNS field then you are saying "look for a DNS server at myself".... unless you have a DNS server running on your PC the lookup isn't going to find anything.

If I put the ip of the router, in the dns PC,pc don't connect to the Internet
If the IP that the router has given your PC is 192.168.0.99 then the likelihood is that the address of the router is 192.168.0.1
Is that what you are trying?

If the IP that the router has given your PC is 192.168.0.99 then the likelihood is that the address of the router is 192.168.0.1
Is that what you are trying?

Then, the ip of the pc is assigned manually through the router, and is 192.168.0.2, while the ip of the router is 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.99 is the ip of pixexserv

Then, the ip of the pc is assigned manually through the router, and is 192.168.0.2, while the ip of the router is 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.99 is the ip of pixexserv
If your device is portable...laptop, tablet etc. its a better idea to leave the DNS blank. Otherwise when you take the device to another network it will be searching for a DNS server at 192.168.0.1 which is probably no longer the case.

If your device is portable...laptop, tablet etc. its a better idea to leave the DNS blank. Otherwise when you take the device to another network it will be searching for a DNS server at 192.168.0.1 which is probably no longer the case.

Is a Desktop Pc

For now I left everything in the PC automatically(Ip-Dns), and it all works

So I can't put a fixed ip ??

Anyway, thank's all for the help

Last edited:
Is a Desktop Pc

For now I left everything in the PC automatically(Ip-Dns), and it all works

So I can't put a fixed ip ??

Anyway, thank's all for the help
Manually assign an IP for your pc on the router (in DNS Server settings), not on the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.