What's new

AC 5300 5GHz issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Protos

Regular Contributor
Happy Thanksgiving !

I am experienceing issues with my 5 GHz 2nd radio. I have two Sony android tvs. I reserve the second radio for their use exclusively.

Set them to N/AC Mixed 80mhz channel 161
My 5GHz radio one is set to same settings channel 48.

What I am experienceing is the inablility to have them both connected at the same time. Also I am noticing that whe I check with wifi analyzer that radio 2 will not work when set to 161. It will turn on if I set to 153.

Is there some kind of software lockout ??? or is my hardware going bad ?

I have tried completely fresh installs and downgrading firmware. Same thing.

Looks like you are trying to force a DFS channel (depending on what your location is). If a hereto authorized authority does a frequency sweep (e.g. airport weather radars are a nice example) your DFS channel is locked. Strong advize to switch off DSF and try it out again. A clean install (see all the goodies that user L&LD has written down on this forum) is also a route to follow.

Thank you sheik very interesting and useful information. I am indeed about 5.5 miles from an airport.
Unfortunately it was a hardware issue. Very flaky and hard to pin down. I turned off the defective radio.
Second asus triband I have had fail. Not in love with asus at the moment. Less than 2 years of duty for a 400 dollar router.

Edit.
Just for kicks I am going to try disabling DFS channel selection.
Will report back. Thank you again for this excellent suggestion. This forum is a wealth of knowledge.

Edit 2
According to wiki, (assuming I am reading it correctly) all the channels available for selection in the 2nd radio are not DFS in the USA.

Last edited: