What's new

AC3100 AC88U New Firmware laggy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShyRage1

New Around Here
Hey all,

Hopefully, I am posting this in the right area. I have an AC88U router and I noticed when I downloaded the latest update (Version 3.0.0.4.386.43129) the wireless internet gets a bit laggy. I've been powering off and then on after about 2 hours to make sure the router is running in tip-top shape. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? Any fixes and or suggestions?

What firmware was installed previously? When was the last full reset to factory defaults performed?

The firmware would have been the last one which was back in January. I have to look it up but for sure it was that one. What exactly is a full reset? Do you mean, converting back to stock? I may have or have not done so depending on what exactly it is. Thank you for replying btw.

What firmware was installed previously? When was the last full reset to factory defaults performed?
The previous would have been this one, "Version 3.0.0.4.386.41700" The new one just downloaded is "Version 3.0.0.4.386.43129" As I said prior, I have to power off then on the router so it can run smoothly. I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue. If not, maybe I do need a full factory rest. Can someone explain what do I need to do in order to do it properly?

Your issues are not normal. The fastest way would be a full reset and then followed by a minimal and manual configuration. Unless you want to waste a few days trying random 'fixes' the internet offers.

See if the following links help. Start with the first link and then continue with the second one. If the issues don't disappear afterward, the other links are more in-depth and may be useful then.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

Fully Reset Router and Network

About L&LD

Your issues are not normal. The fastest way would be a full reset and then followed by a minimal and manual configuration. Unless you want to waste a few days trying random 'fixes' the internet offers.

See if the following links help. Start with the first link and then continue with the second one. If the issues don't disappear afterward, the other links are more in-depth and may be useful then.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

Fully Reset Router and Network

About L&LD
I performed the first one and it erased everything. Was this supposed to happen? I also noticed that my nest cameras aren't connecting and the authentication method is an open system. SHould it be on this? I'm confused.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!