What's new

ac55u airprint problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

omehar

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I've got the ASUS ac55U and airprint doesn't work. Have tried to switch on/off multicast and snooping (as described in so many forums) but this only works tempory.

I was wondering if the Merlin software could solve this issue. Can somebody tell me which firmware to download for the ac55u? The closest I can find is ac56u but I've got no idea if that will work?!

That model is not supported.

Does anybody have an idea how to get airprint to work on an ac55u router?

It's an multicast issue, it just doesn't work properly... Any workarounds?

Does anybody have an idea how to get airprint to work on an ac55u router?

It's an multicast issue, it just doesn't work properly... Any workarounds?
I'm not sure how it works with an AC55U but it works with a 68P that we have for both an HP and a Brother printers. Airprint is a LAN function so make sure your printer and wireless client resides in the same subnet. Second, the printer's drivers must support airprint protocol and that it is enabled. Are you able to access the embedded web server of the printer?

My HP6500A printer is currently connected to another router and airprint works fine, though I want it to work with my Asus dsl-ac55u. According to other forums the problem lays with the multicast / snooping function. Whenever I change anything in these particular settings, airprint seems to work but only for a few minutes. Same when I reboot the router: 10-20 minutes ok, then it drops out.

The problem only occurs with airprint (so when printing from iphone and/or ipad), it says 'no airprinters found'. Printing from any windows laptop is fine.

Suggestions anybody? Trying to find a solution for weeks now and it's driving me mad!

Last edited:
but you still posted in wrong category as this is for Merlins firmware only and you got asus stock firmware on your router!

You are right, however I started-off asking if Merlin was available on this router, the answer was no. The story then continued here.

Copy paste this to another category? How, where?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!