What's new

AC66U-B1 Ftp transfer to a device block any connection to the others

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fced

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I notified a weird problem, which never happened on any router :
I have several devices connected to my Asus AC66U B1 on local network (LAN) with latest Merlin firmware installed, when I am uploading some files (heavy file > 100Mo) to one of them, all the others can't access internet (WAN)...
If I am playing online with my PS4, I get disconnected, or I get server not responding message, and on my computer, If try to connect to any website, it don't load...
As soon as the FTP file transfer is finished, everything return to normal ...
It is the first time something like that happen, it never happened with other firmwares, even when I was using my old WRT54GL...

Any idea ?

The device I am sending file with FTP is a 10/100 - Fixed IP (and when the transfer is at max speed, it reach 10 Mo/sec +-)
My PS4 is connected with Ethernet Cable Gigabit - Fixed IP
My PC (Macbook) is connected through Wifi 5ghz - Fixed IP
QOS is disabled on the router

Last edited:
I don't know what a "MS4" is.
"heavy file > 100Mo", "reach 10 Mo/sec". Do you mean "MB" , Megabyte?

Is your FTP client using the target's IP address or host name?

Which latest RMerlin firmware is installed? Are you transferring via a wired or wireless connection? Which bands are used during the transfer, and by the gaming device(s)?

When did you flash the firmware you're using? Is this recently?

What actual client devices are being used? Computers, handhelds, pi, or USB attached network drives.

Hello,
Thank you for your answers,
I am using the same ftp software since many years, and many routers... Transmit 4.4.13 (Panic software), never got any problem with it.

When this problem happen, I am transferring from my MacBook Pro wifi connected to a HDD linked by USB to a Setop Boxe (Vuzero), the Vuzero is connected to the router with an ethernet cable 10/100 (this device don't support Gigabit ethernet or wifi).

About the Merlin firmware I am using : ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.19_0 (I am getting this info when I connect with ssh, I installed it last week, may be 10 days ago)
RT-AC68U_384.19_0.zip

It look like if when I am transferring files with FTP, the router decide to give the biggest priority to this transfer and block anything else until the transfer is done... but I am not using QOS

I don't know what a "MS4" is.
"heavy file > 100Mo", "reach 10 Mo/sec". Do you mean "MB" , Megabyte?

Is your FTP client using the target's IP address or host name?
Sorry PS4, not MS4...

About the transfer speed : Almost 10-11 Mo (mega octet)

IP address... during all the duration of the ftp transfer nothing can connect to internet, anything else is blocked... When I will have some time I will reset the router, and see if there is any change...

It is weird, actually I am transferring files with ftp, to my VuZero, and while I am doing this, I can browse internet from my Mac, so this mean the problem come from the connection between the router and my PS4...
I wil reset the router, and see what is happening...

Edit :
The only thing I have done on the router for my PS4, is trying the game mode, I added its MAC address to the router, but then I disabled Qos and Game mode, it could be the problem...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!