What's new

Ac68u AP suddenly stopped working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunny Unni

Occasional Visitor
Hi All

I have the following configuration with 2 ac68us
Main router with cable Internet connected via ethernet cable to the other ac68u via ethernet cable. Everything was working fine until this afternoon when the AP router had no intenet access. The Internet led glows fine but I cannot access the net. I tried everything. Resetting both routers. Updating firmware but nothing!!! It's been hardly a month since I have it. The main router connects to the net.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Sunny

Was/ is the AP still pingable? Are the wireless radios up on the AP? If you physically plug into the AP, do you get an IP from the DHCP router?

Hi netwrks

Thanks for ur reply.

I'm a noob when it comes to networking Jargon. I haven't tried the pinging method since I have a macbook air which doesn't have a Lan port. All I can say is that. When I try to access the ssid it doesn't connect anymore although the Internet led glows on the ap.

Thanks

Sunny

Hi netwrks

Thanks for ur reply.

I'm a noob when it comes to networking Jargon. I haven't tried the pinging method since I have a macbook air which doesn't have a Lan port. All I can say is that. When I try to access the ssid it doesn't connect anymore although the Internet led glows on the ap.

Thanks

Sunny

You'll need to un-noob yourself! ;) Did you try rebooting your mac?
You can ping a device whether you are wired or wireless.

Sunny, you can use the Router to ping the A.P. Log into the Router and go to the Network Tools tab under the Advanced Settings tab. Make sure that the ping option is selected as "method" and in the "target" area type in the I.P. address of your A.P. and that is how you can ping.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!