What's new

AC68u - QoS Problem w/ CS:GO

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

suflyg

New Around Here
So when i configure the QoS for cs:go the WAN bandwidth goes all crazy when i'm ingame and i ping 600+ ms.

This only happens to cs:go.

I'm currently using firmware 376.48.1. I've tried Merlin but the same thing happens. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you fix it?

The screenshot is from when i played cs:go for 2minutes and i was the only one using the internet.

9E9Vs7c.jpg

try 27000:27050/udp with the 'highest' priority for steam

QoS can only help you when you have mutiple, simultaneous streams. When you have traffic of a single type, QoS is useless. Also, QoS only affects a completely saturated connection, which is important to note. If your connection is only 50% saturated, QoS makes little difference. Considering this, I don't think it's a QoS issue unless your QoS is misconfigured and causing problems.

Maybe disable QoS and and see if it fixes your ping?

You might need to tweak cs:go's settings. Check out http://www.sk-gaming.com/forum/2-Co...ial_lowering_ping_in_cs_and_also_increase_FPs

cl_rate and cl_cmdrate are two vars I constantly tweaked when I played cs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!