What's new

AC86U router temperature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have Jeedom as domotic solution, but don't know if i can use it to import values of temp and make a scene...
For the moment, after changing Thermal pads and with fan disabled i'm around 73°C.
IS it acceptable ?
If your router is in a room at 22°C then it is very acceptable.

If your router is in a room at 22°C then it is very acceptable.
My wife is very chilly...
M'y room IS exactly... 24,00°C

But i just want to know about the router temp without taking the room temp in consideration....

What is better and acceptable ?

But i just want to know about the router temp without taking the room temp in consideration....

You cannot ignore the room temp as it have a direct impact of the router temp. Therefore without a fan at 73°C with a room at 24°C then this is very good for the RT-AC86U.

You cannot ignore the room temp as it have a direct impact of the router temp. Therefore without a fan at 73°C with a room at 24°C then this is very good for the RT-AC86U.
Due to thermal pads changed I think.
But what is important for me is to be sure to not burn the router or lose in performances.
So if it could, i prefer to enable fans in order to decrease temp...

Due to thermal pads changed I think.
But what is important for me is to be sure to not burn the router or lose in performances.
So if it could, i prefer to enable fans in order to decrease temp...
With its present temperature your router will/should not burn or lose in performance unless it raise way above 80°C.
If you prefer to reduce a further ±20°C its temperature then you should enable your fans...

With its present temperature your router will/should not burn or lose in performance unless it raise way above 80°C.
If you prefer to reduce a further ±20°C its temperature then you should enable your fans...
Ok
But under 80°C i shouldn't lose in terms of performances.
So if my fans are too noisy i can disable them without any lose if i understand well... ?
I will try on tuesday with throttle to limit their speed, and if noise is no more acceptable, i will resend to seller to be refunded...

Thanks for advise ☺️

Ok
But under 80°C i shouldn't lose in terms of performances.
So if my fans are too noisy i can disable them without any lose if i understand well... ?
I will try on tuesday with throttle to limit their speed, and if noise is no more acceptable, i will resend to seller to be refunded...

Thanks for advise ☺️
Yes you understand well...

the room is exactly 24C where you measure 24C...is it cooler in a corner, or next to a window? That's where to place the router: the router will warm the area slightly, and be cooler itself. as someone mentioned, the surrounding air must be cooler than the equipment for effective passive heat dissipation.

the room is exactly 24C where you measure 24C...is it cooler in a corner, or next to a window? That's where to place the router: the router will warm the area slightly, and be cooler itself. as someone mentioned, the surrounding air must be cooler than the equipment for effective passive heat dissipation.
Yes i know, i'm giving you the temp of the room but my sensor is around 4 meters of the router...
But it's sure that temp around router is less than 75°C

Hi,
My AC86U is running all time around 83°C.
I have add 2 noctua 60mm and shut down to 42°C, but too noisy cause of wind only.
I'm waiting for an USB regulator to go down with potentiometer, but waiting it, is there a risk by running my router with this temperature ?

Thks.
Why not use one 120mm USB Noctua? Runs quiet. You may also want to consider a cheap USB standing fan aimed at the rear of the router. That or put the router on a laptop cooling pad.

Why not use one 120mm USB Noctua? Runs quiet. You may also want to consider a cheap USB standing fan aimed at the rear of the router. That or put the router on a laptop cooling pad.
Which noctua you suggest ?
The noise is from wind and not from fan directly...

Problem solved with a little mod...
I have bought an usb fan regulator to insert between fans and USB port.
Put the minimum, and also cut the back of the router to let a real good flow of wind.
With this mod, my temp is 43°C for CPU, 43°C for 2,4GHz, and 49°C for 5GHz, all that without a little sound or noise from fans...

Problem solved and it will stay like this right now.