What's new

AC86U - Transmission connects to peers only after restart

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thorton

Regular Contributor
I've been running Transmission on AC87U for years and it worked well. After getting AC86U and installing Transmission on this router, I have this problem for months now. This is what happens:

I use Transmission Remote app to connect to router and add/download torrents. Works well. However, after some time (I don't download often, like once a week or so), Transmission still works (I can connect remotely, and daemon is alive on router), but it won't connect to any peer. I can keep it running for hours and it won't find a single peer.

However, if I enter into router's command line:
/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission restart

it then properly outputs:
Shutting down transmission-daemon... done.
Starting transmission-daemon... done.

..and Transmission connects to peers the same second. I already uninstalled/re-installed Transmission 3 times, and it's always the same. The only way to download torrents after some time is manually restart transmission

System log doesn't display any Transmission errors, and like I mentioned before, daemon is alive. To clarify, I run Transmission via VPN as explained in https://www.snbforums.com/threads/transmission-for-asuswrt-merlin.31278/page-3#post-266164 but I also have it running the same way on AC87U for years, and never had problems.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!