What's new

acces to wan from internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nesalex

Regular Contributor
Hello

Yes, I know it's not safe, but I need it.

I have a WAN access problem when connecting remotely. I've been working on my RT-AC68U at 384.19 for a week now and everything worked fine. I have a VPN client where I have defined rules and everything worked well. I can't connect to the WAN from the internet right now.

1. Restart the router - NOK
2. I turned off the VPN client - NOK
3. at http://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php my IP address is correct - OK
4. I tried entering an address in the form XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX NOK
5. Connect via Asus NOK

I don't want to give the factory settings and reset everything again. Can anyone please advise me what else I could try? THX

So all this worked fine for quite some time, and now, boom, it suddenly doesn't work. And you've made no other changes.

I would check to see if perhaps your ISP has placed you behind a private IP or CGNAT. I know some ISPs will jump back and forth between public and private IPs, presumably using the latter when running low on available public IPs.

Well, all I did was add games - open ports - play games for my son.

But I don't think it could affect my connection - maybe I'm not right.

And for B I see my WAN IP address via whats my IP as a public IP address ..

So now it works but what could have helped after restarting the router?

I turned off game mode
I canceled the opening of the game ports
Disabled LAN access over the WAN
That is probably all ...

Currently access works I try to gradually turn it on :)

Well if your games are using UPnP to open their own ports, those *may* conflict w/ the ports you need to use w/ your own remote access.

Well if your games are using UPnP to open their own ports, those *may* conflict w/ the ports you need to use w/ your own remote access.
Can you advise me what it could be?

Attachments

• LOG1.jpg
    LOG1.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 94

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!