What's new

Accessing modem when bridged

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Breddo

New Around Here
Hi,

I've just replaced my all in one modem/router with new dedicated equipment. Everything is working great but I've had trouble with my adsl connection before so I'd like to be able to access the modem to get line information if needed. The modem is setup in bridged mode now so not accessible by default and the router doesn't provide me with those stats. Is there a way I can reconfigure things to be able to access the modem if I need to?

The new modem is a Tp-link td8817 v7 and the router is a cisco rv320.
Thanks

Andrew

The only way I know is to connect directly to the modem.

Yes it does - it doesn't have a DHCP server though.

Manually change your lan port to 192.168.1.15 (or any other default address range the modem used - but do not use the same address, of course, such as 192.168.1.1).

I set the modem to 192.168.1.5 before connecting it to the router but now I can't even ping that address. Do you mean I have to disconnect the modem from the router to access it?

You might have to disconnect it depending if your ISP allows multiple connections - safer to simply disconnect the router and connect the computer directly.

What you need to do on your computer now is manually set the adaptors IP address to 192.168.1.10, for example and now ping the 192.168.1.5 address you had set the router to. This should now work.