What's new

Addons fail after signal interuption

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
When I lose my fiber internet signal occasionally, my addons fail to resume when the signal returns. Everything else is fine when the signal returns, but the addons require a reboot. This happens on the AC86, not the AC56. Any thoughts on this, anyone experienced it? Until I see an ad pop up I'm not even aware an outage has occured.

Never heard of Fibre losing a signal. Are you sure all your LAN Ethernet cables are up to snuff?

If they are, get your ISP to come and fix/replace the ONT box for you.

Reactions: Gar
Never heard of Fibre losing a signal. Are you sure all your LAN Ethernet cables are up to snuff?

If they are, get your ISP to come and fix/replace the ONT box for you.
Since I posted I have tried removing the signal and can duplicate the problem. All I did was disconnect the cable between ONT and AC86. Swapped cables as you suggested and that's not it, connector looks clean in the router. Hate the thought of getting a service person involved who won't have a clue but that may be all that's left to try. Don't know much about fiber.

Your syslog might provide clues why different addons “fail.”

Not seeing anything that stands out, the addons appear to start normally way up the log and then the "blocks" stop. No fail or error msgs. This started about the same time I added Diversion to unbound and Skynet last week, so tomorrow will try to isolate them. Thanks for the ideas, will report back.

Running Diversion or unbound, not both together, all is fine. Something about them running together makes my AC86 unhappy. I don't see the interruption in service now, but do with them both running. Settled on unbound (with ad block) and Skynet. Skynet didn't effect the results. Not sure problem is solved, but seems to be for now.