What's new

Adguard Home On the router itself - Script Install-Fully Automated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T
The problem is the script assumes that you are doing this on a fresh setup, it installs a customized version of entware that the author of the script tailored to fit the script. AMTM installs pure entware.
Here is what I recommend doing while running adguardhome. Set DNSMasq port to port=553 using dnsmasq.postconf script. Set adguard home to listen on port 53. Have adguard to reverse lookup for clients back to dnsmasq which resides on port 553 using the reverse dns lookup section of adguard home.

O bloqueio de anúncios pelo servidor de nomes é ineficiente e pode gerar problemas. Felizmente, o módulo/script python/regex é uma solução que minimiza este problemas. Me parece que pfBlockerNG e o Pi-hole já dispõem destas tecnologias.

I have managed to install AdGuard Home on the router and without using any 3rd party scripts.

New forum post here (for anyone interested).

I have managed to install AdGuard Home on the router and without using any 3rd party scripts.

I have done it too using the edge version. From my experience, It has its quirks. For example, It is very limited with ipv6 client identification. If the ipv6 client uses a SLAAC configured address, adguard home uses WHOIS to query the upstream in an attempt to identify names associated with the client. In practice , this could be considered a bad security practice. Another issue is the lookup response times are slightly slower than diversion or pihole. Web pages load slightly slower.

The main difference between my method and your method is, I used a dnsmasq.postconf script to set dnsmasq to port 553. I have adguard home dns listen on port 53 and conditionally forward lookups back to dnsmasq , which listens at port 553, for the dhcp hostnames. This allows me to simply use dnsfilter set to router, to force traffic

bin using this for a week or so ,very stable

https://github.com/JACK-THINK/SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER

installs adguard home, freemem, thermometer on a usb on the router itself,
uses monit to start/stop services
installation is a one link automatic process requires user input for swap selection and adguard home username/password input
installs entware,and all dependencies automatically
works entirely from usb and not jffs
so no strain on internal memory
very stable,
works on both ASUS ,MERLIN
very little memory footprint
works great to block ads on a router level,
a alternate to diversion
Piehole cannot b installed on router because of FTL
please try out to see the difference
thnk you to the creator JACK_THINK

to install
"
cd /tmp && wget -q -O /tmp/install_online --no-check-certificate "https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online" && chmod 777 /tmp/install_online && /tmp/install_online
"
Hi very new to all this but deos it have the same interface as used on GL.iNet routers, i have it runing on a spare GL.iNet router works great until i use my VPN on my Asus Router then it uses the VPN client s DNS setting.
Its set up with the GL.iNet connected to the modem and the Asus WAN is connected to the LAN port of the GL.iNet.
Very new to all this so be kind to me i have Merlin firmware installed RT-AX86U_386.3_2.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!