What's new

Tutorial AdGuard Home - adblocker - Clean install on Asus Merlin (No 3rd party scripts !!!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

so what is the advantage then to install this locally ?
also, if i turn on that adguard in the router app, what does it do? will it advertise/change dns servers settings on wan side?

so what is the advantage then to install this locally ?
also, if i turn on that adguard in the router app, what does it do? will it advertise/change dns servers settings on wan side?
I honestly know nothing about this app you speak of, but adguard locally on the router acts as an adblock dns solution for your network that can encrypt traffic to dot doh doq and dnscrypt servers. It can also act as a dot doh doq server if you configured it to do such.

Here is more info to answer all your questions.

yeah, i enabled it on the app, it just changes the DNS servers on wan side
basicly it does the same right? just no webui then or statistics

1643731245639.png

ok, makes sense!

just a question, for work at home, we need to setup an VPN, so my PPP adapter on windows gets also an DNS server pushed, the one from work
then it seems adguard is not blocking anything...
so basicly, when i do an "ipconfig" i see 2 adapters, one with the adguard dns, and the ppp adapter with the DNS from work

is there a way to solve that?

ok, makes sense!

just a question, for work at home, we need to setup an VPN, so my PPP adapter on windows gets also an DNS server pushed, the one from work
then it seems adguard is not blocking anything...
so basicly, when i do an "ipconfig" i see 2 adapters, one with the adguard dns, and the ppp adapter with the DNS from work

is there a way to solve that?
You would have to have access to the push directives of the vpn so you can turn the dns ones off. Otherwise you would have to makeshift block it with firewall rules , but I am not sure if that would be doable either.

I just a nvidia shield and netlfix wouldnt play at all, just stall. I checked speed and its like 700mpbs, I disabled adguard and it worked.

Anyone help

I just a nvidia shield and netlfix wouldnt play at all, just stall. I checked speed and its like 700mpbs, I disabled adguard and it worked.

Anyone help
You need to look for the domains that are getting blocked when you attempt to access Nvidia shield and allowlist them.

I keep getting:

Code:
-sh: cd: can't cd to /opt/etc
what is the output of ls /opt/etc when you type it into the commandline ssh terminal? it should be a directory where you have entware installed to a flash drive. If you don't have that entware directory, then Adguardhome will not install (hence AdGuardHome requires entware for both package handling/management).

what is the output of ls /opt/etc when you type it into the commandline ssh terminal? it should be a directory where you have entware installed to a flash drive. If you don't have that entware directory, then Adguardhome will not install (hence AdGuardHome requires entware for both package handling/management).

I get:

Code:
ls: /opt/etc: No such file or directory

I am on an Asus AX88U Firmware:3004.388.5 Merlin.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!