What's new

AiCloud broken on N66u with 3.0.0.4.380.8228

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kayakj

Regular Contributor
Ever since I updated to this version of the OS whenever i try to go to the AiCloud website or use the phone app. it lets me log in and then gives an error that the page is unreachable and that the browser is unable to establish a secure connection with the page. Anyone know a way to fix this without reverting the version back? anyone else having this issue?

* I have already tried a full factory reset*

Last edited:
I have a 128GB USB stick plugged into one of the Router's USB ports and have been using it as my streaming video cloud storage for years.

After the latest firmware update to the router, it stopped my Android phones cannot log into the NAS on the Router using the AICloud Android App.

My Android tablets can access it fine, no problem.
My Windows 7 PC has access without a problem.

But two different Android phones cannot add the router to the AICloud App.

Here's what I've tried:
1) Pulling the USB and re-installing.
2) Triple checking the user name and password is correct.
3) Using two different Android phones.
4) Uninstalling and re-installing the AICloud App.
5) Rebooting the router.
6) Rebooting the phones.

Nothing works.

OP - You said OS update but I assume you meant firmware update. Are you having the same issues as me?

sorry brain fart.I meant firmware update... yea since the newest firmware update my phone and computer cant log into the website or apps for AiCloud

even fresh-paved roads develop potholes.
we are probably looking at planned if not forced obsolescence on these (our) routers, as asus' n-series and v380 appear to be nearing legacy/end-of-life support; they're forging ahead with v384 for the arm-based wireless ac machines.
I've been running the Merlin firmware for quite some time, and he has decided to stop working on v380 within the past month or so. (the ad-blocking scripts are brilliant; how anyone hasn't crossflashed to take advantage of them simply boggles me)
John's fork of Merlin's work is an option for keeping this hardware up, running and "current" til it gives up the ghost as all gear eventually does, but I've got my eye on an rt-ac3100 to become my main, and n66 can go in the garage or attic as an AP for better coverage.

EDIT: Further, I would be cautious or reluctant to use any of the apps with these routers. It was discovered a while back that they can inadvertently change some of the security settings on the routers that could allow outside access from unknown parties to your network; I'm uncertain if this has been addressed in updates to either FW or app or both as necessary.

Last edited: