What's new

AiMesh for Tri-band routers: RT-AC5300, GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Attachments

• New Firmware.JPG
    New Firmware.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 631
Small Bug :) 3.0.0.4.384_20287-g51c2770 on RT-AC5300

If you hit "Check" under Firmware Update in the Admin Tab, after that the following 2 scenarios would show me the firmware loading screen. I tried 2 times ... hopefully it is repeatable by someone else:)
  • On the Main Page click on Firmware Version: "3.0.0.4.384_20287" or
  • Go to Firmware Upgrade Tab under Administration

My GT-AC5300 is missing a channel with 3.0.0.4.384_20287, shows 0 (zero) on the 2nd 5Ghz with this new firmware, I have done a factory reset as well, any one else?

Regards

EDIT: Several hard resets, and factory restores I have managed to get the 2nd 5Ghz band working...weird that one :/

EDIT 2: Still vanishes gone back to none iamesh version and all is working, will wait for the next release.

Regards

Last edited:
Official firmware for GT-AC5300.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287
2018/01/26

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438420287.zip

Changelog

New feature
AiMesh: an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Alexa.
- Supported IFTTT.
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, the router needs to obtain public IP from ISP.

Enhancement
- Increased OpenVPN server throughput.
- Boosted Samba writing performance. To get full USB 3.0 speed, please disable "reducing USB 3.0 interference".

Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704: Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens(CVE-2017-15654), logged user IP validation(CVE-2017-15653), Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks to Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues.
- Fixed link aggregation issues.
- Fixed network map abnormal response time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed httpd issues caused by two way IPS.
- Fixed WTFast game list and server list related problem.
- Fixed Network traffic bugs in AP mode.

Enjoy!

WTF my speeds dropped from 100 down to 21 down, QOS on or off doesn't matter after the upgrade.
Do we need a factory reset?

Now it looks like the firmware was pulled?

CC

Last edited:
WTF my speeds dropped from 100 down to 21 down, QOS on or off doesn't matter after the upgrade.
Do we need a factory reset?

Now it looks like the firmware was pulled?

CC
Is there a way to test the speed within the Router or has to be done with an external application or the speedtest at the computer?

I don't think this is official, still not showing on the servers as official or to download in the routers ui .

Regards

I don't think this is official, still not showing on the servers as official or to download in the routers ui .

Regards

It’s official. It’s on the asus download page.
I just installed it.
Too early to tell if it’s stable etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s official. It’s on the asus download page.
I just installed it.
Too early to tell if it’s stable etc.

Did you reset? My speed got killed.

Did you reset? My speed got killed.

Yes. Will need to perform factory reset...went from 382 to 384 firmware. Just got 650 down and 500 up on my laptop over wifi, so seems good for the first few minutes I've had installed anyways.

Hi

3.0.0.4_384_20287 seems to be stable for me for the last 8 hours :) Thanks

I have the following configuration with Ethernet Backhaul:
  • AiMesh Router: RT-AC5300 FW: 3.0.0.4_384_20287
  • AiMesh Nodes: 2 x RT-AC86U FW: 3.0.0.4.384_10007

Just a noob question, i just need the factory reset after the new fw flashed right? or i should make the factory reset before flashing and after or what?

How do you factory reset a node? Is there an option in UI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a noob question, i just need the factory reset after the new fw flashed right? or i should make the factory reset before flashing and after or what?

Because of how significant this update, yes I would recommend a hard reset after updating the firmware. Hard reset should be performed using the reset button on the device itself.

Press and hold until you see the power LED flashing.

Hope that helps.

Because of how significant this update, yes I would recommend a hard reset after updating the firmware. Hard reset should be performed using the reset button on the device itself.

Press and hold until you see the power LED flashing.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so i just need after the update, before the update is not necessary?

I mean make a reset before the update, make the update and make a reset again....

Thanks so i just need after the update, before the update is not necessary?

I mean make a reset before the update, make the update and make a reset again....

I wouldn’t reset twice, personally I would only perform it once after updating the firmware.