What's new

AiMesh Nodes Not Showing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Psu2ski32

Occasional Visitor
Good morning. Forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask or if this has been covered already. Just joined the forum. I installed the 386.1 beta last night on my core AC 5300 router and was not able to search or add any AiMesh nodes to that router. Almost as if the router was not seeing the nodes post firmware update. Would just spin and search wouldn’t return anything. I did reset router post firmware update as well but still no dice when trying to add nodes.
Any thoughts?

There is a confirmed issue with AiMesh on ac5300 running 386.1 beta:

Can anyone confirm the 386.1 stable release fixed this issue?

I just flashed 2 RT-AC5300's and AC-3100 to 386.1 stable...and neither of my AC-5300's can detect an AI-node.

Can anyone confirm the 386.1 stable release fixed this issue?

I just flashed 2 RT-AC5300's and AC-3100 to 386.1 stable...and neither of my AC-5300's can detect an AI-node.
Make sure WPS is turning on before searching for nodes. Sometime it does not.

Unless there is a different way to confirm WPS turnson....Yes, I wait for all the lights in the front to turn on...event the red "no internet" light..before hitting the search node button. No luck.
I've tried regular factory resets, hard factory resets..move the routers within 1-3 feet of each other and nada.

I tried a few more times with ethernet, without ethernet...moving the node right next to the router, then 5 ft away, and even 10-12 ft away..no luck.
I tried added node via the new Aimesh UI and using the old 'Find Aimesh node' screen...nada...i had to setup one of the nodes as an AP with same SSID and will setup the other as a repeater.
Maybe this is a sign to give up an AImesh...
...anyone have any other ideas or difficulties adding nodes on stable 386.1?

No problems here, I even had my nodes running the Asus 9.0.0beta firmware with the main router running 386.1.

As for joining the nodes, I've found the only reliable way is to use the Asus Router app. Works best on iOS (amazingly), but Android works 99% of the time. The web interface works about 10% of the time.

Thanks for the feedback...will try the ios app. In your experience, would I need to factory reset the main router again? or would you try adding the node to the main router thats been configured and running my network already for a few most of the day?

I've never had to reset the main router. I do a full reset of the node, keep it about 1m/3ft from the main router and then set it up using the iOS app (I have an old iPhone I keep around to do certain things that just work better on iOS). One it's connected, I set the backhaul to ethernet, turn it off, then go plug it in in it's normal place and everything works.

Howdy all...sorry for delayed response....after a week of Spectrum outage from winter storm and business travel...I have confirmed WDS is on and I tried to add AImesh node with iOS app...still nada...not sure what else to try to get the AImesh nodes to connect.

Don't try to use any 'app'. Use a computer with a browser instead. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!