What's new

AiMesh Router/Nod suggestion(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
I have a problem / question.
I have set up the AiMesh router and AiMesh node and wonder if anyone has blocked a client from roaming to the node. So stay on the AiMesh router.

Roaming Block List only prevents roaming between nodes.

They work fine with all wifi clients who are PHY "AC" the one who does not want to stay on
Router AiMesh is PHY "N" it does not seem to work with these.

The signal strength is strongest on the AiMesh router but select the node instead.

I use Roaming assistance with a -70dBm threshold on both bands. Which seems to work well with the AiMesh system.

turn off wifi on master router and let it once connect to the node, maybe it helps in future. N devices are old an do what they want to, they wont change as long as they are seeing their first time SSID/router.

turn off wifi on master router and let it once connect to the node, maybe it helps in future. N devices are old an do what they want to, they wont change as long as they are seeing their first time SSID/router.
I have tried that and always revert back to AiMesh "node"
I need to block eg MAC on node to get PHY "N" stay on AiMesh router.

And if you delete all connections on client and connect to main router only or as first Wifi-connection, maybe it uses some kind of prefered list of SSIDs and Wifi-networks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!