What's new

AiProtection - no hits at all

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roki100

New Around Here
Hello! I own a RT-AX82U for a month now and my AiProtection logs are stuck at zero, so out of curiosity i tried opening some website that is blocked by malicious url filter, and well... the log is still at zero
I have tried removing the database (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aiprotection-gui-always-shows-0.63682/page-2#post-659963) and WBL but nothing has changed, but what i noticed is that the database reappeared once after deletion before i even re-enabled AiProtection, Is there any different known fix to get AiProtection to log properly?

Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.386_48664

Hello! I own a RT-AX82U for a month now and my AiProtection logs are stuck at zero, so out of curiosity i tried opening some website that is blocked by malicious url filter, and well... the log is still at zero
I have tried removing the database (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aiprotection-gui-always-shows-0.63682/page-2#post-659963) and WBL but nothing has changed, but what i noticed is that the database reappeared once after deletion before i even re-enabled AiProtection, Is there any different known fix to get AiProtection to log properly?

Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.386_48664
If you are using a filtering DNS resolver such as Quad9 or Cloudflare Secure you may not get any hits. Does not mean the AiProtection is not working.

If you are using a filtering DNS resolver such as Quad9 or Cloudflare Secure you may not get any hits. Does not mean the AiProtection is not working.
It does not seem to be working (the logging), as i stated i triggered it for a test, i visited malware.wicar.org, got redirected to aiprotection blocking page, hits are still at 0, i also tried visiting example site classified as Dangerous from official trendmicro site here: https://success.trendmicro.com/dcx/...o-officescan-and-deep-security?language=en_US (triggered the blocking again, hits are zero)
I am not the first one facing the logging issue but i seem to be the first one where the fix doesnt do its trick

Last edited:
I tried the malware.wicar.org and my AiProtect logged it.

Yeah, thats whats its supposed to do, for me it blocks it successfully but the logs stays at zero

What about: hxxp://wrs49.winshipway.com/ ? It’s the test page from Trend Micro. It should get classified as spyware.

More links Here

The logging isn't working properly...I have the same problem with my GT-AC5300 on the latest firmware. AiProtection logging works for a week or so then craps out. I believe the AiProtection logging is a bug across multiple different ASUS firmwares/devices. Generally a reboot/complete power cycle of the router will get the logging working again, but it will crap out again eventually.

@Paliv yeah, i already tried that, it blocks it but it doesnt get logged
@ForkWNY that seems to be the case, yeah, but its kinda weird on how they didnt fix that issue for around 2 years now it seems

Corrupted files. There was another thread about this with location. You have to turn of AiProtection, ssh/telnet in, blow away files, then enable AiProtection.

Corrupted files. There was another thread about this with location. You have to turn of AiProtection, ssh/telnet in, blow away files, then enable AiProtection.

Sounds like a clean install (Reset w/Initialize) would also clear things (and could be overdue).

OE

Lots of hits here...
Screenshot 2022-05-22 221627.png

Yeah, I'm facing same issue with AIProtect on my RT-AX89X.. Nothing showing as blocked, even after visiting known "Highly suspicious" sites as per the test URL's up on trendmicro (link above).
It could be because I already have Quad9 and openDNS set as doing the filtering on DNS side, which in-turn stops AI-Protect from logging any hits/alerts in the UI.
I think I need to do some changes before I wipe the AIProtect folder/db and restart.

A factory reset/clean install of the latest firmware will not fix AiProtection logging. The logging bug seems to have been introduced in the latest ASUS firmware versions. I factory reset with a complete initialization of all my settings/logs and the bug comes back within a few days to a week. Until ASUS acknowledges the problem and fixes it, there's no sense wasting time on a factory reset.

So for the past few days the malicious site blocking counter is sometimes getting unstuck for a short period of time, then stops couting again, interesting... (Counter of the other 2 features is still stuck forever, tho it actively blocks crypto mining during testing)

59135-opera_2022-06-05_23-39-34.png

AiProtection is probably the worst experience i've had with asus so far, its so bugged, and this issue is there for a pretty long amount of time now (by seeing older posts about it)

So for the past few days the malicious site blocking counter is sometimes getting unstuck for a short period of time, then stops couting again, interesting... (Counter of the other 2 features is still stuck forever, tho it actively blocks crypto mining during testing)

View attachment 41599

AiProtection is probably the worst experience i've had with asus so far, its so bugged, and this issue is there for a pretty long amount of time now (by seeing older posts about it)
Placebo effect makes some people feel safe. AiProtection is useless.

Last edited:
AiProtection logging (in my GT-AC5300) works for 3-5 days after a reboot, then stops, along with other logging. The only logs that work consistently in the latest ASUS firmware are the traffic analyzer logs.

AiProtection logging (in my GT-AC5300) works for 3-5 days after a reboot, then stops, along with other logging. The only logs that work consistently in the latest ASUS firmware are the traffic analyzer logs.

AiP logging appears halted here (like other router logs from time to time)... did not bother to reboot, but AiP still blocks a known malware site. I'll keep it enabled.

OE

I've noticed Web History also stops recording after about a week time on AC86U router running Asuswrt 48260. There are some things to fix.