What's new

All USB's stuck in "unmounted" status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Geo92

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys I have a problem. I recently detached a USB, first by clicking the button inside the GUI to safely dismount. Problem is, now everything is stuck in "unmounted". Anything I attach is shown as "unmounted". Doesn't matter which USB or if I format it or not, on both USB 3.0 slots. Nothing gets mounted anymore.

Not sure why. How can I fix this? Running 388.2_2 on RT-AX88U.

Obvious question: have you rebooted the router?

Less obvious question: what do you see in the router's System Log when you plug a drive in (when the router is already turned on)?

Obvious question: have you rebooted the router?

Less obvious question: what do you see in the router's System Log when you plug a drive in (when the router is already turned on)?
Yes, I tried that. Both plugged and unplugged.

The same error keeps popping up: "
Jul 12 18:29:25 kernel: usb usb2-port1: cannot disable (err = -32)
Jul 12 18:39:23 kernel: usb usb2-port2: cannot disable (err = -32)
Jul 12 18:43:07 kernel: usb usb2-port1: cannot disable (err = -32)"

With or without any USB inside it. It seems to be stuck in somekind of loop and it can't get out of.

A random guess... Try changing the USB mode from 3.0 to 2.0 (Administration - System).

That seems to have done something. 1 USB is now working again, will try to see if the other one works too.

edit: Ok, the other one doesn't work. So it seems like one of the USB's is wrongly formatted then? I am not sure which format is supposed to work fine.

If you SSH into the router and run amtm option fd can you select the problem drive and format it?

If you SSH into the router and run amtm option fd can you select the problem drive and format it?
Fixed the issue. Thanks.

I had to do all this because earlier today my (newly bought) USB-HDD suddenly had issues after transfering files to it from my PC. All was fine a week ago when I used it for storage (Network attached/LAN). But now something got stuck in the proces of transfering, and suddenly both attached USB drives got corrupted (?). It had "unallocated" parts on the disc when I looked it up on my PC disk management, out of the blue. Had to format the whole thing. No clue why it did that and not too happy about it because I wanted to use it for backups. But if that is going to happen again then I will lose data.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!