What's new

[Alpha] 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the poster's comment on it being BROADCOM as if the ONLY criteria.....then added my own about it.
Didn't see you quote someone with wifi 6 RT-AX55, but ok.

been running this alpha on ac86u for few hours now and all good so far, i did do a hard reset as been a while. Thank you!

Running alpha 1 on an AC86U main/AP combo. All ok so far, but I wasn't expecting anything unusual compared to 386.1 based on the change notes.

Anyone using 386.1 A1 Notice JFFS keeps getting higher and higher with no changes being made. When i installed it was 1.30/47.00 and slowly it creeping up now at 2.04/47.00. Never noticed this in any other firmware.

Anyone using 386.1 A1 Notice JFFS keeps getting higher and higher with no changes being made. When i installed it was 1.30/47.00 and slowly it creeping up now at 2.04/47.00. Never noticed this in any other firmware.
I don't see anything abnormal there. The partition gets a copy of the system log, updated Trend Micro signatures are stored there, the Traffic Analyzer database gets data written to it, etc... It's not just a static repository, things get written to it during normal operations.

Few days ago , dirty update from 386.1 on ax88u & ac88u.
Still Working good and stable

Dirty upgrade from the first A1. No issues that i can see as of now. AX58U

I noticed this in the Changelog:

- FIXED: Erasing the JFFS partition would often require a second

reboot since the operation failed when encountering
a bad block. These are now properly skipped.

I did experience the need for a second reboot a few days ago after setting Format JFFS partition at next boot.
I had a few jffs errors in syslog (calculated CRC !=, jffs2_sum_write_data: Summary too big (-32 data, -697 pad) in eraseblock at 00520000). Running 386.1.

@RMerlin ,should I re-format with this version? I have not seen any jffs errors in syslog for a few days (since the Format/reboot/reboot).

Lets hope Alpha 1 v2 is better than v1 as v1 completely reset the router back to factory settings on one AX86U router I tried. Was on 386 final before and that had a factory reset before final 386.
No USB drives or add-ins either. Haven't done the other AX86U yet.

After clicking the NEW NETWORK wizard screen (advanced settings) and then putting the most basic few details in, all my original details were still kept and not reset. So looks like a flag got set for the network wizard to restart for some obscure reason.
When I put the answers to the few questions (used same data as what would have been there before) then it closed the wizard and all original settings were there.

So anyone doing this remotely (like supporting offices or parents), beware (of Alpha1 v1) :)

EDIT: Applied Alpha 1 v2 (09/02/2021 build) and this issue didn't come up again.

Last edited:
@RMerlin ,should I re-format with this version? I have not seen any jffs errors in syslog for a few days (since the Format/reboot/reboot).

There's no need to format the JFFS partition if it's working properly.

DDNS seems to be fixed in this alpha.

Tested AX86U and no longer getting abuse/ban from DNS-O-MATIC that I got from 386.1 and below (inc betas).

Got registration successful straight after upgrading firmware.

RT-AC86U to test (remotely) when I am brave enough....

Dirty flash alpha1-g18f27b0693 on my ac86u (from RT-AC86U_386.1_0) using Asus Wireless Firmware Restoration Utility. Work like charm! tanx Merlin!

Last edited:
Upgraded my AX86U to the latest 386.2 alpha 1 this morning from 386.1 release. Not sure if webui: add missing Netools and Wifi Insight pages to GT-AC2900 and RT-AX86U (fixes #690) means - but i tried the WiFi Insight Site Survey and Channel Statistics after enabling data collection.

Noticed that the Channel Statistics for 5Ghz channel is bugged:

Current Channel :
Current Channel BandWidth : 10 MHz
Current Available Capacity : 101%

Not showing Current Channel and current Channel bandwidth only 10Mhz - In Wireless Log, Wireless 5Ghz is showing Channel & Channel cleared for radar: 36/160

In Site Survey, the 5Ghz channel is also missing the curve where my 5Ghz band is in (AP Around graph). Other APs around me is showing up though

Last edited:
Upgraded 6 AC68Us (1 router, 5 non AIMesh APs) from Merlin 386-2 to 386-386.2_alpha1-g18f27b0693 using a dirty flash with no apparent issues.

This was a dirty upgrade, but all had been factory reset and NV-RAM reset after the upgrade from 384-19 to 386-1b4.

AC68U "router" is running Diversion, Skynet, and DNScrypt, firewall and AiProtection are on, QOS is off.

Lan from this router is split into two subnets, using an EdgeRouter ER-X, and then to two AC68U APs (daisy-chained,) (for computers) on one subnet and three AC68U APs for (surveillance) on the other subnet.

Ookla speedtest from computers on the subnets showed 86 mbps down and 28 mbps up both before and after the upgrade on a 75/30 fiber connection . Merlin Speedtest on the router showed about the same both before and after upgrade at 86/29.

No updates to Diversion, Skynet, DNScrypt or Entware were needed. Highest temp is 73°C and steady after about 30 minutes.

THANKS Merlin!

386.2 alpha1 v2 just installed on AC86U main/AP combo at home. Nothing eventful in the router log, and all the router features that I use seem to be functioning, well except time scheduling like in 386.1, but that's probably an ASUS issue.

Noticed that the Channel Statistics for 5Ghz channel is bugged:

Current Channel :
Current Channel BandWidth : 10 MHz
Current Available Capacity : 101%
All working fine here so maybe you need to reset the router.
Screenshot 2021-02-10 085440.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!