What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright like a big knucklehead I'm back on alpha3 and will report anything I see. I have my reboot scheduler set to reboot every morning now so I can start each day fresh to keep my IPv6 connection.

For some reason I cannot access my annke security camera dvr over wireless using xmeye which worked fine on the netgear router. I noticed this while running 380.65_2 so I moved back to alpha3 to see if there was a difference and there is not. I can access it just fine using a wired client and their software and when I run a network scanner from my phone it sees the dvr at its assigned address. I've tried both the asus and merlin nat loopback and the result is the same.

I wanted to add that this time I can see my radio and cpu temps, whereas before I could only see the cpu temps.

Last edited:
I just had a weird issue with 380.66alpha3 in that I manually set my DNS servers to google and when I check my WAN connection it shows the Comcast DNS servers are being used.

I'm having this strange error: my Samsung S3 had "Authentication error" on 5GHz wifi if I assigned it a static IP address. No error if it used dynamic IP. I assign all devices in my network static IP so there is no chance of having a conflict IP address. Any idea what went wrong? TiA

I'm having this strange error: my Samsung S3 had "Authentication error" on 5GHz wifi if I assigned it a static IP address. No error if it used dynamic IP. I assign all devices in my network static IP so there is no chance of having a conflict IP address. Any idea what went wrong? TiA

Okay even with dynamic IP address, the phone disconnected after just few minutes with Authentication error . Switching to 2.4GHz eliminated the error

Refreshed builds are being uploaded.

Code:
a0d00d1 webui: add missing no_update_support variable, fixing the Firmware Upgrade page
9af8dce openssl: Updated CA bundle to January 18th version
3299413 services: free kernel page caches on firmware upgrade
39adbd4 openvpn: only copy rules related to the intended tunnel when creating a separate policy routing table
76557d8 webui: fix float number validation on QoS page (7378 bug, backported fix from 382_10766
3599daf nano: updated to 2.8.1
a98425c Bumped revision to alpha 4
7ba3e3a build: kernel ipsec modules weren't enabled when using IPSECMOD, fix makefile
911e25f Updated documentation
0ecc23f kernel-7114: remove .rej file that was accidentally commited in the past
bd4de8e kernel: udp: properly support MSG_PEEK with truncated buffers (backport from upstream 197c949e7798fbf28cfadc69d9ca0c2abbf93191), fixes CVE-2016-10229. (Closes #1322)
be14362 build: Re-enable new protection srv feature
c0cf9cf rc: Fix bad merge that caused the router to crash at boot time when compiled with protection_srv enabled
3a47e7b shared: merge mips/arm prebuild objects with models
e5e8096 rc: merge mips/arm prebuild objects with models
e19fdeb httpd: create separate versions of closed source components, and populate prebuild/ at build time
822f7e8 Merge GPL 7378 binary blobs for RT-AC3200 and RT-AC87U
ad72afd nano: Updated to 2.8.0 (closes #1265)
1141aaf rc: fix building with FTP support disabled (fixes #1316)
74020d0 webui: this margin could cause the bottom of tabs to be truncated, remove it
94c3460 openvpn: explicitely disable NCP support when disabling it on the webui

Keep an eye on any NEW oddities (or fixes) regarding policy-based routing. Alpha 4 implements a change I've been mulling over for a few weeks now, and decided to have it tested in the field: the routing table used by clients routed through the VPN will no longer include routes that are unrelated to the tunnel. In theory, it means that any static route from your ISP (or configured by yourself) will no longer apply to policy-routed clients, but it also means a reduction in risks of unintentional leaks. Policy-routed clients will ONLY use routes that are established by OpenVPN.

Will i need a factory reset if coming from 380.65 ? Sorry if this was mentioned dont have time to read through right now.

Thank you Merlin for the new firmware. I just flashed to it on my rt-ac88u and will report any issues I see concerning it.

Will i need a factory reset if coming from 380.65 ? Sorry if this was mentioned dont have time to read through right now.

No, unless you have some other lingering issues.

Alpha 4 implements a change I've been mulling over for a few weeks now, and decided to have it tested in the field

I guess I was imagining (seeing? wishing?) things when someone on another thread mentioned this version had moved into beta... o_O

Well I've only been running this version for a little over 2hrs and I can say that my 2.4ghz radio performance is much improved over previous versions. I don't know what has changed but I'm looking at acrylic and my environment still has pile of competing networks like the last time I measured it and my signal strength and pattern is much better with this firmware.

Noticed a drop-off in wifi range going from Alpha 3 - 4 on multiple devices, whilst I doubt it is the firmware I will flash back to Alpha 3 and if it doesn't improve will investigate other environmental factors.

My rt-ac3200 is working satisfactorily on 380.64. I am planning to wait for 380.66. Should i install 380.65v4 in the meantime or is it most likely going to be fine from .64 to .66 directly?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My rt-ac3200 is working satisfactorily on 380.64. I am planning to wait for 380.66. Should i install 380.65v4 in the meantime or is it most likely going to be fine from .64 to .66 directly?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You can update directly.

Alrighty I'm seeing an issue with the alpha4 not handing out IPv6 addresses to clients consistently. It will issue them and then rescind them even though its still showing that it has an IPv6 allocation from the modem. I'm also seeing some network lag on IPv4 as browsers really slow down loading pages. When I looked at the router and didn;'t see myself as an IPv6 client I looked at my pc settings and sure enough it showed no connection on IPv6.

Once I saw that I was on IPv6 I clicked on the diagnose button in Ethernet status and when it was running the router issued me and another wired client an IPv6 address. The strange thing is that it keeps on dropping my IPv6 connection and just as soon as I run the diagnose utility it gives it back all the while the router retains it from the modem. What I didn't do was power it down completely after flashing it which I might try soon just as soon as I can catch a break in network use.

With all the different firmwares and your still having IPv6 issues just disable it it's not needed at this time anyway. There is nothing Merlin can do to fix it for you as he dont mess with v6 much. I assure you there is really no reason to even bother with it right now. It has been broke on certain comcast nodes for some time now with Asus and Merlin firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.