What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Asus already implemented (at least in part) their solution to the RT-AC86U nvram limitations. dhcp_staticlist, vts_rulelist (port forwards) and qos_rulelist are settings which I now see stored in /jffs/nvram/ here. Whether or not I'll be able to tap into that change I'm not sure, the nvram code being closed source. I'll try to get in touch with them about it.

But at least it means Asus can take care of these for their own variables.

Last edited:
Both my AC3100 and AC68U both running the new alpha still rock solid absolutely no problems to report. Twenty four hours no weird log entries.

Anybody else seeing their timezone keep switching to GMT-5 (bogota,lima,quito) with this alpha release when I keep setting it back to GMT-5 (Eastern Time, US, Canada)?

Anybody else seeing their timezone keep switching to GMT-5 (bogota,lima,quito) with this alpha release when I keep setting it back to GMT-5 (Eastern Time, US, Canada)?
Nope mine is good !

Both my AC3100 and AC68U both running the new alpha still rock solid absolutely no problems to report. Twenty four hours no weird log entries.

Second this my 3100 has been running rock solid on this build. Best it's been in a long time. :D

I guess this alpha included the krack fix for the AC68 series? sorry if the question was asked before, I
did not find anything in this thread or on git. Maybe i am blind :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess this alpha included the krack fix for the AC68 series? sorry if the question was asked before, I
did not find anything in this thread or on git. Maybe i am blind :rolleyes:

No there is no krack fix that has been released for the 68. If your using your 68 in router mode then there is no fix required.

Unfortunately I’m still having the strange issue of one CPU ( they jump back and forth ) being at 100% after roughly 24 hours of uptime. Router is an AC3100, latest alpha 382 build. I’m not sure where I can start poking around to determine what is utilizing the CPU that much ( just start disabling features one at a time? ). System logs don’t show much happening. I’ve updated AB-Solution and PixelServe to the latest available.

Note, I just noticed the bug where navigating through AI Protection tabs freezes the GUI until a reboot is done is still present.

Update, should have done this sooner but the next time it happens I’ll attempt to use the “top” command in SSH to see what is using all the CPU. Still unsure about the AI freeezing the GUI. I do have some Amcrest security cameras that constantly trigger AI protection ( some attempt to ping the router for open ports ), hits are in the 9,000 range for IPS.

Last edited:
No there is no krack fix that has been released for the 68. If your using your 68 in router mode then there is no fix required.
False, 68U's and all variants in 382 alpha2 were built from GPL 382.18881 by RMerlin. The KRACK vulnerability was patched by ASUS since GPL 18547 therefore, 382 alpha 2 has already the fix.
Krack.jpg

With the RT-AC3200 firmware out ( 3.0.0.4.382.19466 ) will that feature in the next round of builds do you think? Though I note there's no GPL tar I can see :-(

I'm wondering whether to try the 382 stock asus (though diff openvpn code, QOS simpler), also intrigued if they did expand NVRAM there (though I'm just surviving on the edge)

With the RT-AC3200 firmware out ( 3.0.0.4.382.19466 ) will that feature in the next round of builds do you think? Though I note there's no GPL tar I can see :-(

The RT-AC3200 won't be supported by 382.2. Once 382.2 is out, I will re-evaluate the situation for that model.

Last edited:
Flashed the 382.2 Alpha release for my 86U and it has been rock solid with no issues.
Traffic routing and OpenVPN client performance is great.

I'm still seeing these error logs with the latest Alpha 2(gdef3266).
Code:
Dec 16 11:33:50 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Dec 16 11:33:50 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

RT-AC68P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!