What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have AI-Protection enabled this will not work with CTF.
AiProtection does not disable CTF on both the 68U and the 3100 in my experience. AiProtection will turn off FA on 68U models that are FA capable.

You can't. The firmware will automatically enable or disable it depending on whether you use any incompatible features. Check the Tools -> Sysinfo page to see the HW acceleration state.
Is there an option that you know of that will turn off Flow Cache? I'd like to test the WAN<>LAN speed with no acceleration on the 86U.

after factory ctf is enabled. i will now reset up my settings manually. thanks!
IIRC when making changes to the NAT acceleration on the 68U it took a reboot after the auto reboot from the setting change to get the correct NAT acceleration value to show up in the GUI. (2 reboots total)

Last edited:
AiProtection does not disable CTF on both the 68U and the 3100 in my experience. AiProtection will turn off FA on 68U models that are FA capable.

Is there an option that you know of that will turn off Flow Cache? I'd like to test the WAN<>LAN speed with no acceleration on the 86U.

IIRC when making changes to the NAT acceleration on the 68U it took a reboot after the auto reboot from the setting change to get the correct NAT acceleration value to show up in the GUI. (2 reboots total)
I had to factory reset my 68u. i rebooted and auto rebooted 15 times, nothing worked. it was like qos was stuck on. all good now loving my 68u after being on this beta. whats also nice is my area just got docsis 3.1 enabled i no longer need qos on. getting A's now on dslreports speedtests.

s there an option that you know of that will turn off Flow Cache? I'd like to test the WAN<>LAN speed with no acceleration on the 86U.

You could try setting fc_disable_force and runner_disable_force to "1", but I'm not sure if it won't be overwritten when you reboot to apply the change.

The temperature page Advanced_PerformanceTuning_Content.asp contains this line:
Code:
<script src='svg.js' data-path="/svghtc/" data-debug="false"></script>
but as far as I can see that just results in a 404 error.

So is it safe to assume this is an old leftover that it is not really needed? In that case it may be better to remove that line, to prevent the unnecessary 404 error.

Does the latest pre-beta build RT-AC68U_382.2_alpha2-gdef3266.zip implement the fixes for Krack exploits? AP side fixes too? Thanks.

Ac68U Noticed on the last alpha build that internet speed goes down and cpu usage on the first core goes up after a few days.

Unsure as to why yet and it could yet still prove to be a internet issue as we are switching over to cable from dsl do to bandwidth needs.

@RMerlin
RT-AC86U_382.2_alpha2-gdef3266_cferom_ubi
Issue: Adaptive QoS page causes Runner to be disabled.

Tools - System Information shows HW acceleration is enabled:
Code:
Runner: Enabled  -  Flow Cache: Enabled
Then if I just click the Adaptive QoS page in the main menu (AdaptiveQoS_Bandwidth_Monitor.asp) the Runner gets disabled:
Code:
Runner: Disabled  -  Flow Cache: Enabled
QoS is not enabled, neither is any Ai-stuff. I have one Port Forwarding active and one VPN client with policy rules routing, if that matters.

I've been running the alpha build dropped on the 15th since that date, on the 88U. I have over 15 clients on 5 and 2.4 bands, ranging from standard PC to iDevices, to smart devices, to a synology NAS. I have AI protection enabled. Everything has been stable for me. Speed is good. No need for reboots.

I concur with the above post. This is a very stable alpha so far. I have had no problems with scripts or features in any way. Great work @RMerlin!!

I concur with the above post. This is a very stable alpha so far.
Thanks for the feedback. Question for you. I’m on the 382 release from Asus. When I upgrade to Merlin’s 382 release, would it require a restore to defaults or just an upgrade?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Question for you. I’m on the 382 release from Asus. When I upgrade to Merlin’s 382 release, would it require a restore to defaults or just an upgrade?

Thanks.
You can try just an upgrade but if there is any weirdness after the flash I highly recommend factory reset and to not import any settings. Setup from scratch. Hope this helps you.

You can try just an upgrade but if there is any weirdness after the flash I highly recommend factory reset and to not import any settings. Setup from scratch. Hope this helps you.
Thank you.

Hardware Acceleration is not used very often. It is often in conflict with your settings. If you have a lot of Lan Ethernet devices maybe you want to look at it but if not leave it off.
It's my understanding that it becomes necessary if you have gigabit service and/or care about gigabit LAN without taking a 10% throughput hit as you near those speeds, fwiw

RT-AC86U 382.2_alpha2

I still have a problem with my wireless devices showing up as wired in both the Client Status and View List areas of the GUI. I have rebooted several times, reset to default and rebooted but it hasn't seemed to change. Only my iPhone6(5G) and one of my two Amazon Echo Dots(5G) display correctly, the other 5 or 6 devices all show as wired when/if connected. I took some screen caps of the wireless settings. I'm planning to reset and re-flash the router again today to see if that helps but if anyone sees anything in those images or has any ideas feel free to say 'hey, you dummy, that's not set right!". Thanks!

P.S. The iOS Asus router app is closer to being correct, it shows one additional device correctly, but it's still not displaying connection type correctly.

Attachments

• 2.4G.JPG
    2.4G.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 586
  • 5G.JPG
    5G.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 601
  • 2.4GPro.JPG
    2.4GPro.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 628
  • 5GPro.JPG
    5GPro.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 401
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!