What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No probs. I read he will release when it’s ready. I must have missed his answer. I will keep checking the forums. No bad feelings people, its Xmas
The answer is just 2 post above yours :)

Happy Xmas [emoji319]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Running the alpha on my AC68U for a week or so without any issues (basic user).

Thanks for the great work, RMerlin !

only power led is working on ac56u. checked tools page. I didnt disabled them. so far no problems after 12 hours. thank you merlin

I can confirm h3lmut. On ac56u works only power led. Using scripts from wiki for ledson/off not turning on the rest of the leds. Also after factory reset nothing changes. Other things are rather working properly.
Edit: Love the limit guest network bandwidth feature built-in :)

Last edited:
I'm on the latest Alpha 2 for AC3100. Here are some strange things that I've never seen before

- I could only access LAN -> DHCP Server in Firefox Private window. Was kicked out to login screen if using regular Firefox window. I have tried clearing cookies and cached but nothing changed.

- DHCP Server automatically sorted assigned IPs in reverse order (from highest to smallest) even though I had sorted them from smallest to highest and applied the changes.

rQk7X0Z.png

- Traffic per IP only showed IPs, not device names.

CrEWiRA.png

Thanks!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Issue observed with a2 firmware on AC68u: Both the Asus Android app and Cloudcheck app seem to have issues connecting/reporting properly.

Cloudcheck says it cannot connect a all to the router, Asus app does not show data packets and reports clients as disconnected.

Anyone else have this?

Happy Boxing Day!

Having an odd problem that after a few days my iPhone X stops connecting on both streams and only has a max connection rate of 433 instead of 866. Rebooting the phone fixes it.

No idea if it’s the phone or the router.

Affects my GF’s iPhone SE but not my iPad or sisters iPhone 7 Plus.

Issue observed with a2 firmware on AC68u: Both the Asus Android app and Cloudcheck app seem to have issues connecting/reporting properly.

Cloudcheck says it cannot connect a all to the router, Asus app does not show data packets and reports clients as disconnected.

Anyone else have this?

Happy Boxing Day!

I'm not sure Asus actively supports cloudcheck, as it's disabled by default. Try setting enable_cloudcheck to 1, then rebooting.

Personally I've wondered a couple of times whether I still wanted to include it at all, as I see little point in it. I also don't like the fact that nobody can tell for sure how it works and what it does.

I'm not sure Asus actively supports cloudcheck, as it's disabled by default. Try setting enable_cloudcheck to 1, then rebooting.

Personally I've wondered a couple of times whether I still wanted to include it at all, as I see little point in it. I also don't like the fact that nobody can tell for sure how it works and what it does.
Cloud check offers a simple way of checking your broadband and devices' speed. But not really essential IMHO. Wouldn't miss it.

Asus app also is not really essential (let alone the real time stats), so not a high priority issue :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I was under the impression that these apps were a bit of security risk.

Probably I've found a bug/problem in the WiFI scheduler for RT-AC86U and alpha2 (though I had this problem also in the stable 382.1 as far as I remember); even if the settings are correctly saved on NVRAM (or at least, I hope so):

Code:
wl0_sched=010001<120601<230601<340601<450601<500600
wl0_timesched=1
wl1_sched=010001<120601<230601<340601<450601<500600
wl1_timesched=1
wl_sched=010001<120601<230601<340601<450601<500600
wl_timesched=1

the fw seems to ignore those settings. I set the WiFi to be turned of from Monday to Fridat, staeting from 1.00 AM to 5.00 AM.

We have a Samsung TV that identifies itself as localhost, any chance you could stop the log being spammed up because of this?

We have a Samsung TV that identifies itself as localhost, any chance you could stop the log being spammed up because of this?

Create a DHCP reservation, and give it a real hostname.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before.

Running alpha 2 on a 86U and on the Advanced_VPN_OpenVPN.asp page, TLS Renegotiation Time option box is set by default to -1.

I know 3600 seconds is normally the default renegotiation time and 0 turns this option off, but what does the -1 option mean/do or is it a bug?

In the 86U GUI VPN client tab on 382.1_2 it states:
TLS Renegotiation Time
(in seconds, -1 for default)

I know 3600 seconds is normally the default renegotiation time and 0 turns this option off, but what does the -1 option mean/do or is it a bug?

It means what it says: if you set the value to -1, then the default timeout that's built in OpenVPN will be used, regardless of whether the OpenVPN devs decide to change it at some point or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!