What's new

amcfwm - AsusWRT-Merlin Custom Firmware Manager

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I figured it out. I was missing the BC package. I created a docker image and run with a container to compile the firmware.
Which package was missing and how did you install?

Which package was missing and how did you install?
I believe he was missing the bc (binary calculator) command. The script/makefiles use it for in-line math.

If you believe you are missing it, try in the Ubuntu shell:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bc

BTW, it doesn't appear the RT-AX58U builds...yet

Last edited:
Thanks @JGrana was not missing it. You are also correct that the 386 builds regretfully do not support the RT-AX58U yet. I wish Asus would support their latest AX routers with the new preliminary build.

Thanks @JGrana was not missing it. You are also correct that the 386 builds regretfully do not support the RT-AX58U yet. I wish Asus would support their latest AX routers with the new preliminary build.

They already explained why that model is not supported yet, they are busy unifying its SDK with other AX models first. It's not ready yet.

I am getting this error for the last days when do build :
Code:
make[7]: Leaving directory '/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc'
cd nano && \
autoreconf -i -f && ./configure LD=/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-ld --host=arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/targets/94908HND/fs.install/nano/usr --sysconfdir=/jffs/configs \
    CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -marm -DHND_ROUTER -DCONFIG_BCMWL5 -D__ARM_ARCH_7A__ -DLINUX_KERNEL_VERSION=262451  -DDEBUG_NOISY -DDEBUG_RCTEST -Os -I/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/include -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections" \
    LDFLAGS=" -L/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/lib -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections" \
    PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc" \
    ac_cv_lib_ncursesw_get_wch=yes --enable-utf8 \
    --disable-speller --disable-extra --disable-tabcomp --enable-wrapping --disable-glibtest \
    --disable-libmagic --disable-nls
Copying file po/Makevars.template
missing file lib/wmemchr.c
configure.ac:42: error: expected source file, required through AC_LIBSOURCES, not found
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:194: gl_INIT is expanded from...
configure.ac:42: the top level

its on ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 LTS, WSL machines.

does anyone know what is missing?
as per google, it is part of the C library ...

I am getting this error for the last days when do build :
Code:
make[7]: Leaving directory '/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc'
cd nano && \
autoreconf -i -f && ./configure LD=/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-ld --host=arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/targets/94908HND/fs.install/nano/usr --sysconfdir=/jffs/configs \
    CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -marm -DHND_ROUTER -DCONFIG_BCMWL5 -D__ARM_ARCH_7A__ -DLINUX_KERNEL_VERSION=262451  -DDEBUG_NOISY -DDEBUG_RCTEST -Os -I/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/include -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections" \
    LDFLAGS=" -L/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/lib -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections" \
    PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/mimo/amng.ax88/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/ncurses-6.0/misc" \
    ac_cv_lib_ncursesw_get_wch=yes --enable-utf8 \
    --disable-speller --disable-extra --disable-tabcomp --enable-wrapping --disable-glibtest \
    --disable-libmagic --disable-nls
Copying file po/Makevars.template
missing file lib/wmemchr.c
configure.ac:42: error: expected source file, required through AC_LIBSOURCES, not found
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:194: gl_INIT is expanded from...
configure.ac:42: the top level

its on ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 LTS, WSL machines.

as per google, it is part of the C library ...

amcfwm always builds from the latest commit so the repo may not always be in a buildable state.

yes, I know, but was thinking if something is not broken on my VM only.

Its the repo.

In other news, here is a sneak peek at webhook notification support coming in the next update :cool:;

sy2oIN1.png

This project has a discord server i want to join that server

Thats just a private server I use for notifications/testing on various scripts. The webhook feature will be implemented in such a way where anyone can use their own discord server for notifications by entering their webhook URL.

@Mihai, 'private server'. :)

With three requests ignored in the last two hours, it is safe to say the answer is probably 'No'. :)

Why are you so eager to gain access to @Adamm's private server?

To have more people to talk with

Trust me, your not missing out on anything. There aren't any talking channels (or other users), just BOTS posting random output for various projects.

If you want a community location to chat, Asuswrt-Merlin has an official IRC channel on Freenode. Channel is #asuswrt . We typically sit at 90+ users online.

Makes more sense than asking access to a private server that has nobody on it.

Can you allow me to have access to this server on discord please and you will never see , hear me again okay?

Please drop it. You already have your answer. And stop repeating the same questions.

I've pushed v1.0.3

Code:
Remove AC56U support
Add total compile time to output
Add Webhook support

The main feature of this release being Discord Webhook support. So for those of you with your own discord servers, you can have amcfwm log build events;

o1oJdUI.png

A couple of files didn't get committed to github when nano got updated (apparently the .gitignore they provide isn't accurate, and was filtering some important files). Should build fine for you now.

A couple of files didn't get committed to github when nano got updated (apparently the .gitignore they provide isn't accurate, and was filtering some important files). Should build fine for you now.

yes, it is. thanks.
anyway checking your GitHub every day and building ...

Someone have build for RT-AC68U, and can share one?

Thanks
Octopus

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!