What's new

amcfwm - AsusWRT-Merlin Custom Firmware Manager

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Someone have build for RT-AC68U, and can share one?

None of the user built firmware images will have working bwdpi (so, that means no Adaptive QoS, for instance), so I do not recommend people running these.

None of the user built firmware images will have working bwdpi (so, that means no Adaptive QoS, for instance), so I do not recommend people running these.
Yes understand that. Im not using it. Have one installed for few weeks now and working fine.

I am trying to build firmware, but it is failing each time, I have also re-setup ubuntu at least three times so far and each time it fails on launching all builds, regardless for each router.

I am trying to build firmware, but it is failing each time, I have also re-setup ubuntu at least three times so far and each time it fails on launching all builds, regardless for each router.

We`ll need some log output to be able to determine what is going on with your specific scenario.

Something is wrong with your toolchain setup or your path.

Code:
/bin/sh: arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: command not found

Reactions: KW.
Something is wrong with your toolchain setup or your path.

Code:
/bin/sh: arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: command not found
Eric, I compiled firmware for rt-ax88u and it worked, but fail for 68u. I will recheck paths and variables and see if it works.

Last edited:

Probably AIProtect not working too ?

Eric, I compiled firmware for rt-ax88u and it worked, but fail for 68u. I will recheck paths and variables and see if it works.

Same with me. As @Adamm said recently:
" amcfwm always builds from the latest commit so the repo may not always be in a buildable state. "

I believe that is the reason. Patience is a virtue...

Check your toolchain setup. Different toolchain is used for these two models.

Probably AIProtect not working too ?

Probably everything related to bwdpi won't work with self-compiled firmwares.

Probably everything related to bwdpi won't work with self-compiled firmwares.

Just now during the 386 integration work? or is this true for past builds of 384 mainline or ax branches before? Do you have separate steps to get bwdpi working on your releases which are not part of amcfwm?

Thank you.

Just now during the 386 integration work? or is this true for past builds of 384 mainline or ax branches before? Do you have separate steps to get bwdpi working on your releases which are not part of amcfwm?

Thank you.

This only applies to current 386 builds.

ust now during the 386 integration work? or is this true for past builds of 384 mainline or ax branches before?

Just builds based on 386 code, and all future builds.

Do you have separate steps to get bwdpi working on your releases which are not part of amcfwm?

Yes, but they can't be shared.

You can thank people ignoring my numerous warnings about this, and still running Trend Micro code on unlicensed hardware. From now on, the Trend Micro code will no longer be working in the GPL code released by Asus. Thanks to the Koolshare community and Xvortex (and a few others), now none of you will be able to compile your own fully working firmware images.

Be glad I am still able to continue doing this, because at one point this was also in jeopardy. For now, at least...

Yes, but they can't be shared.

You can thank people ignoring my numerous warnings about this, and still running Trend Micro code on unlicensed hardware. From now on, the Trend Micro code will no longer be working in the GPL code released by Asus. Thanks to the Koolshare community and Xvortex (and a few others), now none of you will be able to compile your own fully working firmware images.

Be glad I am still able to continue doing this, because at one point this was also in jeopardy. For now, at least...

So amcfwm and firmware building in general is useless now, fantastic :rolleyes:

Does put things into perspective. We have all been spoiled by Merlin's hard work, which undoubtedly started out as a "neat thing to play around with" for him, and has since morphed into the project that it is today. Not to mention all of the addons that have been spawned by this project.

However, at a moment's notice things can change. ASUS could change their business model and simply make the whole stock firmware closed source, Merlin could wake tomorrow and say to him self "I'm tired of this project", or, God forbid, a life altering event happen in Merlin's life.

A lot of us would be stuck. I for one am grateful to Merlin. I started in my career some 40 years ago with Sun Microsystems Unix (when Windows was not even a thing) and IBM's OS/2 and OS/9 operating systems. I ended up falling away from it after a carreer change. This software has got me back into Unix (Linux). That has resulted in a kick butt router and renewed knowledge. However, with the thought that this project could end (not saying it will, just that it could), I have been looking into turning a RasPi 4 into a Router/Gateway (not using the RasPi WiFi). Have been reading a lot of articles on doing just that. My comfort level with Iptables rules is not sound enough yet for me to be comfortable. I am not planning on giving up my 86U any time soon, but keeping my options open.

Thanks @RMerlin for your work and getting me back into the Linux world. Cheers

Does put things into perspective. We have all been spoiled by Merlin's hard work, which undoubtedly started out as a "neat thing to play around with" for him, and has since morphed into the project that it is today. Not to mention all of the addons that have been spawned by this project.

However, at a moment's notice things can change. ASUS could change their business model and simply make the whole stock firmware closed source, Merlin could wake tomorrow and say to him self "I'm tired of this project", or, God forbid, a life altering event happen in Merlin's life.

A lot of us would be stuck. I for one am grateful to Merlin. I started in my career some 40 years ago with Sun Microsystems Unix (when Windows was not even a thing) and IBM's OS/2 and OS/9 operating systems. I ended up falling away from it after a carreer change. This software has got me back into Unix (Linux). That has resulted in a kick butt router and renewed knowledge. However, with the thought that this project could end (not saying it will, just that it could), I have been looking into turning a RasPi 4 into a Router/Gateway (not using the RasPi WiFi). Have been reading a lot of articles on doing just that. My comfort level with Iptables rules is not sound enough yet for me to be comfortable. I am not planning on giving up my 86U any time soon, but keeping my options open.

Thanks @RMerlin for your work and getting me back into the Linux world. Cheers
A man of my own heart! I also cut my teeth on SunOS->Solaris. Actually BSD 4.2
, porting device drivers to my former companies hardware - CCI’s Tahoe.

It is very unfortunate that a "few" can't abide by some rules... But, I would rather not be able to compile my own (sorry @Adamm, nice job though) than to have a complete shutdown of Asuswrt-Merlin.

As many have said, thanks Merlin.