What's new

amtm amtm 4.5 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Theoretically.
But since you've already stuck your head down his rabbit hole, maybe you could take a look at his other stuff and suggest any other updates like you've done here?

Are you in contact with Jack? Funny how he would suddenly reappear from his long absence right after you volunteer to step in.
No, sometimes Mr. Yaz pops up in other threads. He is never really “gone” and likely will never be forgotten ;-)

Theoretically.
But since you've already stuck your head down his rabbit hole, maybe you could take a look at his other stuff and suggest any other updates like you've done here?
My answer is the release of scMerlin 2.5.1 just now.

Sorry to beat on this. I'm not familiar enough with sed and grep to know myself.

I see the trailing $ has been added in some of the places in Auto_Startup(). Are the same changes needed in Auto_ServiceEvent().

Also, the same code is in dnvnstat. Are the changes needed there?

Sorry to beat on this. I'm not familiar enough with sed and grep to know myself.

I see the trailing $ has been added in some of the places in Auto_Startup(). Are the same changes needed in Auto_ServiceEvent().

Also, the same code is in dnvnstat. Are the changes needed there?

AFAIK dn-vnstat is working fine. Open an issue in that thread if something arises, please.

Well, technically, the trailing $ char is not really necessary in those specific grep & sed statements. When trying to find a match for the corresponding comment string appended to the commands embedded in the scripts, the $ is OK to have but the code also works fine without it.

In cases where you're trying to match exactly some string all the way to the end of the line, the trailing $ would be absolutely necessary. Say, for example, that you want to find & match "/jffs/scripts/service-event" (as opposed to "/jffs/scripts/service-event-end") as the last part of a line.

Hope this answers your question.

@thelonelycoder

Here is a typographical error for you to look into when you get the time:

1711920113250.png

"shell histroy installed"

I will post more here if I find any.

Welp, that is one way to stay busy I guess. The next biggest pull request challenge:- the taming of the words in the add-ons. I guess @dave14305 would be the right person for the job. Thank You Dave.
Still on vacation for another week. Currently in a beautiful off-Highway spot in the Virgin River Gorge in the NV/AZ/UT area.

Last edited:
The other biggest nuance:

1711924829496.png

If entware is already installed, why would we be prompted with "install entware now" as the next option after selecting "Reuse previous Entware installation"? I may be wrong, but I thought someone already brought this up?

The other biggest nuance:

View attachment 57598

If entware is already installed, why would we be prompted with "install entware now" as the next option after selecting "Reuse previous Entware installation"? I may be wrong, but I thought someone already brought this up?
A precautionary step I added just in case I believe. I‘ll look into the why.

Indeed. I need to make a new one ;-)

Ultrasparc 5/10/20 was one of the first Unix systems I used at university. They were state of the art back then and Sun Microsystems ran the internet. Apologies in advance for the rabbit trail.

In as few words as possible, what’s your grief?
BTW, thanks for the “Reuse previous” feature. Some of us that have far too many Entware apps installed think this feature of AMTM is up there with BACKUPMON.
Can’t function without some of the coreutils ;-)

Had some trouble today with swap.mod functionality.
My USB drive got corrupted, had to clean and deleted swap in the process intending to recreate fresh.

But every time I tried to recreate the swap file in AMTM it would get through selecting the size, then an error would flash on screen and disappear. Then script would return to AMTM main screen with a message that the swap had been created, when it had actually not been. In main screen swap was not 'seen' and listed.

So I tried a 256MB manual swap setup in same location (dd, mkswap, swapon, etc.) worked fine.
Opening AMTM after that, sees the swap file likes it says its there with correct size.

Deleted swap, tried AMTM sw again at 2GB, no love, again, an error screen flashes by.

Manually created again dd/mkswap/swapon at 2GB.
Worked fine also. Again start AMTM, sees swap file, all happy again.
So I'm "OK" but seems like something is broken in either my setup or error handling.
Some script error after running through the user inputs? Or something is getting an error and script neither pausing to be able to see it, or reading the result error and pausing/notifying?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!