What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.1 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 28, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On the bright side... entware.net now seems to be located within the US... github, in fact.

1700702045636.png

The host countries that host Entware are not explicitly stated in the web search results, but I can try to infer them based on some clues. For example, the domain names of the servers may indicate the country code or the organization that owns them. Here are some possible host countries for Entware servers:

Based on these clues, I can guess that some of the host countries for Entware servers are:

However, these are only educated guesses based on some indicators, and they may not be accurate or complete. The actual host countries for Entware servers may be different or more diverse than what I have inferred. To get a more reliable answer, you may need to contact the Entware developers or use other tools to trace the IP addresses of the servers.

compliments from chatgpt!!

Last edited:
The host countries that host Entware are not explicitly stated in the web search results, but I can try to infer them based on some clues. For example, the domain names of the servers may indicate the country code or the organization that owns them. Here are some possible host countries for Entware servers:

Based on these clues, I can guess that some of the host countries for Entware servers are:

However, these are only educated guesses based on some indicators, and they may not be accurate or complete. The actual host countries for Entware servers may be different or more diverse than what I have inferred. To get a more reliable answer, you may need to contact the Entware developers or use other tools to trace the IP addresses of the servers.
Just so you know... the .net domain was a generic top-level domain and it only served internet service providers as a TLD initially. However, it is used internationally now. It may offer more advantages than country-code domains, as it is also suitable for cross-industry, globally active companies and multilingual websites.

You can literally get a domain anywhere... (except maybe .us or .gov)... use domain location search tools to determine where a specific domain is located in order to troubleshoot a block. This is also a good one... if you know the IP address you're blocking. Replace the IP in this URL with the one you're blocking to determine the country, and possibly why it's being blocked -- ie. malware host, etc.

If you build a wall don‘t be surprised when the postman turns around.

Here is what I do to ensure unbound is still able to work around skynets blocks.

Code:
iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i br+ -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1024:65535 --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -i br+ -p udp -m udp --sport 1024:65535 --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

Make sure you place the rules in firewall-start after skynets runs. This prevents any requests being sent out by unbound from being blocked by placing it in the chain before skynets blockslists. Unbound typically sends requests out on randomized ports typically in the range --sport 1024:65535 unless you limit or reduce the range in unbound.conf. the destination port is to port 53 at a specific IP of one of the servers they can make requests to. If that IP is dropped because it is blocked by skynet then you have a dropped dns request. Too many of these drops will result in a dns request failure for unbound. Unbound has to be able to communicate in order to function properly. Too many destination port 53 drops by the firewall can also result in dns failure.

Last edited:
ae af al am ao ar at aw az ba be bd bf bg bh bn bo br bw by cd cf cg cn co cu cy cz dj dk dm dz ec ee eg et fi gd ge gf gh gl gs hk hn hr hu id il in iq ir jo kg kp kr kw kz lb lr lt lv ly mc mm mo mx my ne ng ni nl np nz om pa pe ph pk pl ps pt pw py qa ro rs ru rw sa sc sg si sk sl sn so ss td th tj tm tr tz ua ug uz vn ye za zw

Short List:
cn kp my ru vn

af az bg cn iq ir kp my ru ua vn

Do any of the above cause the problem?

I just changed EP server from 1 to 2 and ran update without a stall.

Have not entered countries.

Yes if you do not block Russia, United States and Germany - amtm updates just fine

Yes if you do not block Russia, United States and Germany - amtm updates just fine

Have you tried adding entware.net to your skynet whitelist? In fact, you might want to try adding all 3:

1. bin.entware.net - Primary server by Entware team (recommended)
2. entware.diversion.ch - Mirror by @thelonelycoder
3. mirrors.bfsu.edu.cn

Last edited:
Have you tried adding entware.net to your skynet whitelist? In fact, you might want to try adding all 3:

3. mirrors.bfsu.edu.cn
That worked too - thanks Viktor

I have to load Skynet last after Unbound. Adding Country Blocks has been a more recent problem and appears to conflict with Unbound. I stopped adding Country Blocks.

I've had the halt error previously. Sometimes I thought it was a server check hang-up.

See if removing the Country Block List stops the error.
Same problem and as suggested by removing the blocking of 22 countries the minor problem goes away.

Dont block the Netherlands (NL) if you bank with ING or RaboBank or China if you are using Chinese inverters !!

Last edited:

3. mirrors.bfsu.edu.cn
Fixed the issue for me also. Thanks.

Hi!
Running amtm 4.0 on Asus RT-AC3200 merlin 384.13.10

I just install RD (Router Date Keeper) from the amtm menu
it gives me error /usr/sbin/amtm: line 111: /bin/nvram: not found

- The crontab entry has been install correctly
- addons contains:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4052 Dec 18 14:35 /jffs/addons/amtm/router_date.mod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1016 Dec 18 14:57 /jffs/addons/amtm/routerdate*

but any execution of /jffs/addons/amtm/routerdate cron
gives the same /bin/nvram: not found error

the command # find / | grep nvram gives ONLY the following result:
/usr/sbin/nvram

and # ls -a /usr/sbin/nvram says:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12368 Jun 28 2020 /usr/sbin/nvram*

So:
/bin/nvram does not exist
/usr/sbin/nvram does exit

Am I the first one who tried to install RD ?
or is it because I am using an old version of merlin

Thanks for any help.

Hi!
Running amtm 4.0 on Asus RT-AC3200 merlin 384.13.10

- The crontab entry has been install correctly
- addons contains:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4052 Dec 18 14:35 /jffs/addons/amtm/router_date.mod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1016 Dec 18 14:57 /jffs/addons/amtm/routerdate*

but any execution of /jffs/addons/amtm/routerdate cron
gives the same /bin/nvram: not found error

the command # find / | grep nvram gives ONLY the following result:
/usr/sbin/nvram

and # ls -a /usr/sbin/nvram says:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12368 Jun 28 2020 /usr/sbin/nvram*

So:
/bin/nvram does not exist
/usr/sbin/nvram does exit

Am I the first one who tried to install RD ?
or is it because I am using an old version of merlin

Thanks for any help.
It's a bug. The older SDK uses /usr/sbin/nvram whereas the newer SDK uses /bin/nvram.

That was also my conclusion, so I patch directly the script

Thanks

Thanks for reporting, and thanks @ColinTaylor for providing the answer.
This will be fixed with the upcoming amtm update.

One option is to "pre" call the nvram with something like "which nvram". I know you have this in the bag either way. At this point I am excited to try out your solution. Great work @thelonelycoder .
I just changed it to what I use everywhere else in amtm and Diversion by calling it by its name only, we are all on a first name basis here with our routers 🥳
Code:
$(nvram get time_zone_x)
I remember reading here somewhere that using the full path to nvram (/bin/nvram) is preferred. So I used it in RD at the time of coding. I was wrong.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!