What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's a local problem with your domain resolving. Check what addons you have installed and disable them one by one to see which one does it. I suspect dnscrypt. Diversion explicitly and automatically adds ALL the required domains for ALL scripts to the whitelist. They cannot be removed and therefore Diversion is not the problem.

My upstream router locked me out today, after factory defaulting that one, the problem on the other one went away. Thanks for your help.

Yes but I installed it two days ago. This lag I've been noticing before that. So you don't see any lag?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I did see a tremendous lag when uiDivStats was first updated to v2.x We did all kinds of trouble shooting with JackYaz and thought it was fixed at one point. However, it turns out that my Kingston USB 3.0 stick is not as fast as it should have been. That is what I believe was causing the bottleneck. I replaced it with a super fast Patriot and no more issues since.

I did see a tremendous lag when uiDivStats was first updated to v2.x We did all kinds of trouble shooting with JackYaz and thought it was fixed at one point. However, it turns out that my Kingston USB 3.0 stick is not as fast as it should have been. That is what I believe was causing the bottleneck. I replaced it with a super fast Patriot and no more issues since.
Are you talking about lag in router GUI or amtm?
Which USB drive did you use exactly? Is it connected to 3.0 port?

I am talking about the GUI and amtm. CPU spikes to 100%.

My new USB is a Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite 128gb, USB 3.1 connected to the rear USB port which is set to USB 3. AX88U.

Expensive, but cured all the problems.

At the time it was frustrating, but looking back I am grateful that the update to uiDivStats exposed the weakness in my setup and that I could do something about it, relatively cheaply. IIRC the new Patriot USB cost me £27. At 128gb it is overkill. However, that is the smallest capacity I could get with the read/write performance I wanted. I.E. bloody fast!!!

Last edited:
I'm using Asus RT-AC67U running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_10.
I tried executing amtm for the 1st time. It asked for my color preference; after providing that it gave me the following error. I tried again and it gave the same error message; without prompting for color preference this time.

Code:
/tmp/home/root# amtm

Initializing amtm for first run
 ! Module amtm.mod download failed
 ! using fallback server diversion.ch

All download attempts failed,
 exiting amtm now.

Check that both domains properly resolve
 on this router:
 - fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
 - diversion.ch

Anyone else facing the same issue?

I'm using Asus RT-AC67U running Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_10.
I tried executing amtm for the 1st time. It asked for my color preference; after providing that it gave me the following error. I tried again and it gave the same error message; without prompting for color preference this time.

Code:
/tmp/home/root# amtm

Initializing amtm for first run
 ! using fallback server diversion.ch

All download attempts failed,
 exiting amtm now.

Check that both domains properly resolve
 on this router:
 - fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
 - diversion.ch

Anyone else facing the same issue?
Do like it asks and run:
Code:
nslookup fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
nslookup diversion.ch

Do like it asks and run:
Code:
nslookup fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
nslookup diversion.ch

I get the following output:-
Code:
/tmp/home/root# nslookup fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
Name:      fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
Address 1: 2606:4700:8d7e:d700:a8d4:a455:bc5c:3fe4
Address 2: 104.18.41.167
Address 3: 104.18.40.167
Address 4: 172.67.183.16

/tmp/home/root# nslookup diversion.ch
Name:      diversion.ch
Address 1: 80.74.145.140 emerson.ch-meta.net

I get the following output:-
Code:
/tmp/home/root# nslookup fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
Name:      fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
Address 1: 2606:4700:8d7e:d700:a8d4:a455:bc5c:3fe4
Address 2: 104.18.41.167
Address 3: 104.18.40.167
Address 4: 172.67.183.16

/tmp/home/root# nslookup diversion.ch
Name:      diversion.ch
Address 1: 80.74.145.140 emerson.ch-meta.net
Looks normal, but it didn’t list your DNS servers in the output, unless you edited it before posting.

Is the date set on the router? Can you get to the diversion.ch website?

My new USB is a Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite 128gb, USB 3.1 connected to the rear USB port which is set to USB 3. AX88U.

At the time it was frustrating, but looking back I am grateful that the update to uiDivStats exposed the weakness in my setup and that I could do something about it, relatively cheaply. IIRC the new Patriot USB cost me £27. At 128gb it is overkill. However, that is the smallest capacity I could get with the read/write performance I wanted. I.E. bloody fast!!!
Ok I've replaced USB with a faster Corsair plugged into USB3.0 port behind RT-AC68U and port set to USB 3.0. amtm still loads with bit of lag. CPU never spiked even before. It's only amtm which loads in stages. Can you create a GIF or screen record of your first amtm load please?

I upgraded my USB flash drive also to the 128GB Patriot Supersonic Rage Elite (400MB/s) from the 32GB Patriot Rage (180MB/s). Everything seems snappier/quicker/faster on Router panels & selections, also on my Windows Laptop & Server web & cloud emails, plus the RT-AX88U SSH panels & options via Putty. The 32GB Rage, the light on it very busy blinking away many times per sec, when it was plugged into the RT-AX88U.

Yup, the 'rage' is aptly named because that is what one feels when using it for any purpose. The 'elite', is. :)

@thelonelycoder

Is the Reboot Scheduler displaying correctly for 4AM? (Daily)

upload_2020-7-9_16-0-5.jpeg

Hi, my USB drive died so I had to reinstall diversion + skynet. But now the skynet in amtm seem to be linked to the old installation? When I try to press 2 to enter skynet i only says usb not found. Do anyone know how to remove skynet from amtm so I can use the shortcut again (and it doesnt seem like diversion can share its blockinglists with skynet either, just get error messages. I have installed skynet manually since it didnt work within amtm. Please help?

Hi, my USB drive died so I had to reinstall diversion + skynet. But now the skynet in amtm seem to be linked to the old installation? When I try to press 2 to enter skynet i only says usb not found. Do anyone know how to remove skynet from amtm so I can use the shortcut again (and it doesnt seem like diversion can share its blockinglists with skynet either, just get error messages. I have installed skynet manually since it didnt work within amtm. Please help?

I'm wondering if the JFFS partition on the router still has information linked to the old usb drive. We'll wait for the experts to confirm but you may need to do the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" option or possibly the experts can let you know what files on the JFFS partition need to be deleted.

I'm wondering if the JFFS partition on the router still has information linked to the old usb drive. We'll wait for the experts to confirm but you may need to do the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" option or possibly the experts can let you know what files on the JFFS partition need to be deleted.
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I did that once when preparing a whole new, clean USB drive. It was the only way I could get a clean slate to reinstall my scripts from the ground up.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I did that once when preparing a whole new, clean USB drive. It was the only way I could get a clean slate to reinstall my scripts from the ground up.
What I had to do this week too. Would be neat to have a AMTM utility that copied the AMTM product data from the operational USB flash drive to another USB flash drive plugged into the second Router port, and the copy became the opertional drive.

What I had to do this week too. Would be neat to have a AMTM utility that copied the AMTM product data from the operational USB flash drive to another USB flash drive plugged into the second Router port, and the copy became the opertional drive.
Here are the steps to do that manually without the automagic of AMTM.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/drive-failing.65090/#post-600964
and a caution to stop scripts so nothing is writing to USB during copy.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/drive-failing.65090/#post-601065

I had some disk errors on a USB on one of the routers I support this past weekend and used the amtm disk format utility to reformat and label the disk. But the label name I selected "ASUS" didn't stick. The label name was named "/dev/sda1". I used @Zonkd instructions to successfully change the label name. I didn't have the issues described above. Probably because the USB was the same manufacturer/model.

Last edited:
Ended up just doing as suggested, format via reouter gui. Then format the usb again, and then installing from scratch. I would be nice to have an option in AMTM to verify that the links are linked to the correct installation and that it exists. So that you dont have to format it all just to get it working with a new disk. Thanks for the help

@nzwayne, no such issues with my RT-AX88U. Maybe a USB drive going south on you?
Just to be safe...AND...I control the timing of a required USB flashdrive change ;), I replaced the USB drive. No more issues ( ie. '-> V' or 'Diversion update error') since that replacement action a few days ago. thks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!