What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I mean in script itself, I press u, info show up, then I close it or launch any other subscript go back to main screen and it's gone, only info about current versions

I mean in script itself, I press u, info show up, then I close it or launch any other subscript go back to main screen and it's gone, only info about current versions
No, that info is dynamically generated, just as everything else is in amtm.
I would have no way of knowing that one has updated a third party script without a settings file. And amtm being dynamic, it does not rely on settings.

Hi!,
1st of all, thanks for all the awesome coding on amtm, diversion and all the other scripts!

I have a a question that I could not find an answer in FAQs -> I have have bought a new pendrive (bigger thatn the previous one) and would like to know if there is a procedure on how to migrate to one...
I don't mind loosing my stats or whitelists... Just would need to know if I need to uninstall some stuff before and then reinstall it in AMTM...

I'm using Diversion, Skynet, spdMer, scribe, uiDiv, uiScribe
BR,
Ank

Odd issue, nothing major, easy workaround, still...
Every tine I log out of the router, then SSH back in I get
Code:
usr_name@RT-AC86U-4608:/tmp/home/root# amtm
-sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found
Easy solution, type "unalias amtm" then "amtm" again and it starts. Rereading back posts when the was occurring, it seem the "unalias amtm" was the somewhat permanent solution. I get the "amtm not found" every single time.What I am missing? :confused:
This is my /jffs/configs/profile.add
Code:
alias amtm='/jffs/scripts/amtm' # added by amtm
alias nsru='cd /tmp/mnt/SNB/nsru'
alias nsrum='sh /jffs/scripts/nsrum'

Odd issue, nothing major, easy workaround, still...
Every tine I log out of the router, then SSH back in I get
Code:
usr_name@RT-AC86U-4608:/tmp/home/root# amtm
-sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found
Easy solution, type "unalias amtm" then "amtm" again and it starts. Rereading back posts when the was occurring, it seem the "unalias amtm" was the somewhat permanent solution. I get the "amtm not found" every single time.What I am missing? :confused:
This is my /jffs/configs/profile.add
Code:
alias amtm='/jffs/scripts/amtm' # added by amtm
alias nsru='cd /tmp/mnt/SNB/nsru'
alias nsrum='sh /jffs/scripts/nsrum'
Delete the amtm alias from /jffs/configs/profile.add. amtm will be found normally now in the /usr/sbin path.

Last edited:
@thelonelycoder I provisionally installed Diversion. After uninstalling, the script that detects the installation of the entware, post-mount.div, has been removed. Is this reference for installing Entware?
Without post-mount.div, amtm does not understand that the entware is installed. I made the correction with the backup I have.

@thelonelycoder I provisionally installed Diversion. After uninstalling, the script that detects the installation of the entware, post-mount.div, has been removed. Is this reference for installing Entware?
Without post-mount.div, amtm does not understand that the entware is installed. I made the correction with the backup I have.
Update amtm and/or Diversion, I use a different approach now.

I use a different approach now.
My entware installation is old. Without the post-mount.div file, amtm cannot detect the entware installation at startup.

--- update ---
I organized a provisional solution.

Last edited:
I found mine under /jffs/configs, for those who can't find it under /usr/sbin. Coming from before .15 firmware, without factory reset/jffs format.
You are correct, based on how I wrote it. :oops: I meant that amtm would be found automatically under /usr/sbin. /jffs/configs/profile.add is the right path.

Hi there! Getting an ax88u to setup as my main aimesh router, and converting my 86u to a node. Got a Samsung Fit USB drive to install amtm/diversion/skynet, but was wondering if there was a preference for USB ports on the 88x? Is there interference or anything like that in one but not the other? I think this was an issue with USB3 on the 86u.

Thanks!

Newbie questions... I have installed several scripts using AMTM. What is the proper way to back up the USB stick? Do I copy everything on the USB stick to another stick? What about the disk label? Do it from another machine?

Newbie questions... I have installed several scripts using AMTM. What is the proper way to back up the USB stick? Do I copy everything on the USB stick to another stick? What about the disk label? Do it from another machine?
I did it recently. You can have a read starting with Butterfly Bones’ quoted post here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...urity-enhancements.16798/page-309#post-552023

but read on for the posts following. The first time I did it I ran into problems with permissions. The second time, permissions also popped up but were taken care of. And I had no further problems copying to, and swapping over to, an SSD. Butterfly Bones later did have some problems. So perhaps his method wasn’t the best way.

I’m interested to see what answers you get. But unless you are comfortable dealing with Linux permissions, you might well be better off simply installing from scratch onto that backup drive rather than copying across. Time-wise, it’s probably a good deal quicker. I certainly would do it that way if I ever had to again, but lets see what others, more knowledgeable, say.

Last edited:
@sn2018 not that I am more knowledgable, but I never use a backup to a 'new' anything in any case. Except maybe screenshots of setup pages. :)

I would set up a new USB drive from scratch, via amtm. Anything else is a possible gamble that I am not willing to bet on (I want to produce something that I know I can walk away from for my customers and not have to do a return visit for a 'dumb' mistake on my part). :)

I am wondering if amtm menu framework allows to integrate my own extension. If so any help or links would be appreciated.

I am wondering if amtm menu framework allows to integrate my own extension. If so any help or links would be appreciated.
Learn how to read the code, then it's simple. amtm has a very straight forward way of detecting and auto-enabling scripts.

Hi, sorry for the newbie questions, but I am interested in learning more about amtm and the other scripts it gives access to. I have searched, but cannot answer my questions.

1) Can someone direct me to an introduction for accessing amtm in Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15? I understand I will need to use some kind of terminal?

2) Also, I have a SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive. I want to connect it to my RT-AC86U for experimenting with stuff. What file system should it be formatted to?

Thanks!

I have a script set up to run at midnight that copies my entire USB key and JFFS drives to my NAS using rync.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!