What's new

Another ASUS RT-AC88U 5GHz network connection drops after a few minutes, does not recover

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Biggupp

Occasional Visitor
firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3941-g27d8adf

I read the similarly titled thread in which, I believe, the OP got a replacement from Asus.
I respectfully post again in the hope that someone has figured a solution that avoids sending the unit to Asus.

I reset the router to factory default and reconfigured manually. But the issue reappeared.

firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3941-g27d8adf

I read the similarly titled thread in which, I believe, the OP got a replacement from Asus.
I respectfully post again in the hope that someone has figured a solution that avoids sending the unit to Asus.

I reset the router to factory default and reconfigured manually. But the issue reappeared.

what channel do you have the 5 gig set to ? and what is the make and model of your wireless adapter as this could just be a channel issue perhaps related to dfs and the lack of dfs on your adapter

These 5GHZ drop off stories are everywhere. I had a AC 2400 that I purchased last summer. Flashed the latest version at the time of Merlin and never ended up using the router. I sold it 2 weeks ago and got a new AC 3100 and flashed it with the 11.12.16 Merlin build. Last Monday I got a call on the AC 2400 that the 5GHZ network disappeared. I told the end user to hit the power switch wait for a minute and turn it back on. Everything came up fine. On Wednesday I set my new AC 3100 up for testing. I only have 2 devices on it, a Linksys Wireless AC Bridge with a single PC plugged into it and 1 tablet. This morning the 5GHZ network disappeared. What else happened is that the SSID for the 2.4GHZ network started broadcasting on 5GHZ. A simple power cycle did nothing as afterwards the router kept restarting itself. I finally got it settled down enough to load the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.380_3941 through the LAN port. Did a factory default restore after it came backup and it has been fine for over 12 hours now. If it fails again my last effort will be to flash it with DD WRT.

Stay Tuned

Actually I just found out that the 3100 has rebooted itself twice since Sunday. Called Asus tech support and they suggested that I send it back to the online retailer. Another one bites the dust.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!