What's new

Any probability Merlin can support additional VPN methods?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fearz

Now our country blocked all major VPNs and tls encryption, other ways are possible still, can we see that in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now our country blocked all major VPNs and tls encryption, other ways are possible still, can we see that in the future?

There are some very good and difficult to block VPN providers that may be available to you. Xvpn and Hotspot Shield (paid version) are quite good. Depending on the nature of the blocks, Xvpn may be more effective (assuming Google is still allowed..) Be careful out there... (tor or psiphon may be good options too if you're looking for real anonymity and not deniability.) Do your homework.

/dedd

Asus is working on IPSEC support but beyond that no, I have no plan to add any other VPN technologies.

Take a look at OpenVPN 2.4's TLS encryption, which should bypass most DPI systems by encrypting the TLS headers themselves.

There are some very good and difficult to block VPN providers that may be available to you. Xvpn and Hotspot Shield (paid version) are quite good. Depending on the nature of the blocks, Xvpn may be more effective (assuming Google is still allowed..) Be careful out there... (tor or psiphon may be good options too if you're looking for real anonymity and not deniability.) Do your homework.

/dedd

I know there are other solutions to work on a PC but i was talking on the router level

I know there are other solutions to work on a PC but i was talking on the router level

Understood. It depends on your needs. If an ISP is actively blocking VPN software, most of the standard ones (IPSEC, OpenVPN, etc) are easily identified as such and can be dropped (not the content - the envelope.) The ones I mentioned are hard to identify as VPN traffic.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!