What's new

Anyone having login problems lately

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
Hi all,
I've heard from two users in recent days complaining of problems that seem to be related to cookies.

One user is running Mac OS Monterey, Firefox 99 on Strict, UBlock Origin, Privacy Badger. Clicking on most any link results in a "Something has gone wrong" error.
Clearing all site cookies, refreshing browser and logging back in restores operation.

Another user reports having to log in every time he visits the site. Problem happens with Chrome and Edge. After clearing browser cache and cookies and disabling his adblocker (not specified which one), Edge works, but Chrome doesn't.

Nothing has changed on the site during this period. So I'm not sure what's up.

Has anyone seen similar problems? How did you fix them?

I use FF 99 on Windows 10. Security is set to Strict, no adblockers running. No problems. No problems with Edge either.

I can reproduce the problem every time. Close the browser, relaunch the browser, got to snbforums and you can browse but clicking on Contact us, or your user name and you get the "Oops, site requires cookies". In order to fix I have to delete the snbforums cookies, refresh the snbforums page, re-login, and then all is fine

Yes. Using Firefox 99 have to log in after closing browser. On Win 10, OSX 12.3 and Android.

No issues here on ff99.0.1, strict, ublock,9.9.9.9

Hi all,
I've heard from two users in recent days complaining of problems that seem to be related to cookies.

One user is running Mac OS Monterey, Firefox 99 on Strict, UBlock Origin, Privacy Badger. Clicking on most any link results in a "Something has gone wrong" error.
Clearing all site cookies, refreshing browser and logging back in restores operation.

Another user reports having to log in every time he visits the site. Problem happens with Chrome and Edge. After clearing browser cache and cookies and disabling his adblocker (not specified which one), Edge works, but Chrome doesn't.

I use FF 99 on Windows 10. Security is set to Strict, no adblockers running. No problems. No problems with Edge either.
Where are those settings and I can check. But I am not having any issues though. ublock origin disabled for snb.

It's not just this site - it may be a coincidence but the issue raised its head here with Chrome 100!

Where are those settings and I can check
Sorry, not sure what you mean? I'm referring to FF browser settings.

1649799637599.png

All looks normal here on Windows 11 and Chrome 100.0.4896.88, but SNB Forum is one of the slowest sites I visit. Very often after click or refresh the wait time is in seconds. The same behavior on Rogers, Bell or Telus networks in Canada, through related ISPs or mobile networks, on multiple devices.

I'm the original person with the repeated login issue with Chrome. I'm not sure what I did, but upon clearing the cookies again, just for snbforums, my login is apparently holding now. I will keep yo posted if the issue returns.

Hi all,

There is a similar issue with Amazon UK. We can't see the pages properly without allowing Optional Cookies with Chrome. It happens after the Chrome update.
A solution is just deleting the cache and allowing the Cookies.

No issues with speed or access on my end. Daily usage of android/chrome and frequently win11/chrome.

On multiple systems with Windows 11 and Edge (both fully updated, today, MS Update day, to the latest versions), every time I visit the site with my 'show new posts link', it asks to log in.

On a brand new computer with Windows 11 and Edge, same fully updated versions, no issue (site keeps me logged in).

This is happening for the last two or three days so far. Never was an issue before.

I can’t login with either my desktop or laptop with Chrome or Edge. I tried deleting cookies and that didn’t help, but should have tried clearing the cache (facepalm). I’ll try that in the morning. Firefox works fine for me so far, as do iOS WebKit based browsers.

Forgot to add, no issues on Edge on android phone.

Clearing cookies and cached site data worked. I can login again on those browsers.

One visit earlier this week I was unexpectedly logged out (can't remember where; either Safari on iOS/iPadOS/macOS or Firefox on Windows...), but only once.

iPad Pro 12.9 using Safari, everything works as expected.