What's new

AP Isolation can not turn off

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Baxter

New Around Here
I have RT-AC88U device with 380.66_4 Asuswrt-Merlin installed.
My network requires wireless device to be able to talk to one another.
I have "AP Isolation" disabled.
With 380.66_4 it is very inconsistent (sometimes it works sometimes it does not).
With any standard Asus release since Aug-16 it does not work (no wireless can talk to each other), even with AP Isolation disabled.

If I go all the way back to Asus release Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3341
it works perfectly (my network is happy, wireless devices can talk to each other).

what's the deal ? I hate to run firmware that is almost a year old since it has lots of vulnerabilities that have been fixed since.

I have RT-AC88U device with 380.66_4 Asuswrt-Merlin installed.
My network requires wireless device to be able to talk to one another.

I have "AP Isolation" disabled.

With 380.66_4 it is very inconsistent (sometimes it works sometimes it does not).

With any standard Asus release since Aug-16 it does not work (no wireless can talk to each other), even with AP Isolation disabled.

If I go all the way back to Asus release Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3341 it works perfectly (my network is happy, wireless devices can talk to each other).

what's the deal ? I hate to run firmware that is almost a year old since it has lots of vulnerabilities that have been fixed since.

I wanted to say that I've notice exactly the same problem. It seems that the most-recent version of the ASUS firmware that *works* re: proper treatment of AP Isolation is this version:

Version 3.0.0.4.380.3341 - 2016/08/09 - 40.59 MBytes​

Every build *after* 3341 just won't let my devices "see" each other on wifi, and this is hugely problematic for things like Logitech Harmony Devices. I had thought at first it was a Logitech Harmony software issue, but it's not.

I'm not at home right now to double-check it, but I believe that the last version of asuswrt-merlin that worked properly for AP Isolation is RT-AC5300_380.64_0; I can check this later to be sure if anyone would like me to.

Cheers!