What's new

Archer C3150 vs RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which router

• Archer C3150 - $200 CAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RT-AC3100 - $270 CAD

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ACBlank

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys,

Newegg Canada is having a sale on both of these routers, until Friday. C3150 is $200 CAD, RT-AC3100 is $270 CAD.

Any reason I should buy the RT-AC3100? I have 3 laptops, a smart TV, a ChromeCast, a Roku Stick on WiFi, and a NAS, an Ooma VoIP box, and another computer wired in. Light gaming, downloading (Usenet and bittorrent), and (obviously) lots of streaming and VoIP.

Nothing you have will tax even an AC1200 router.
Pick your poison.
I'm surprised how expensive routers have gotten in Canada over the past 3 years. I picked up the R7000 new in 2013 for $179 and now it is $229 new even though it is not new anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having some issues with my current Archer C7 - DHCP problems (which seem to have been resolved by switching to OpenWRT), dropped VoIP calls, and signal strength issues (I live in an older building with concrete walls).

I'm thinking a 4x4 router with a bit more processing power and better QoS will solve those issues.

Had my RT-AC68R (BestBuy) for 4 years and still going strong. I will admit the range is a bit less after all these years.... radios on 24x7x365 does take its toll

But four years isn't that long for many here. They'll buy a new router when the old one dies. :)

Is the RT-AC3100 really that much more stable? The Archer C3150 is rated higher on the Router Ranker overall, and seems to perform a bit better (especially at 5GHz).

I'm sure other routers can outperform (marginally) the 3100 but I really like Asus for its great features and stability, and its longevity

Newegg.ca now has $15 off the RT-AC3100 refurb, now $225 (reg $240). Is it worth saving $45 to go refurbished?

EDIT: New plan. I just remembered I have $10 best buy credit. I'll get them to match the NewEgg price on the new 3100, and then use my credit. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited: