What's new

[ASK] Addons to monitor USB Capacity Over GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

except the remark about addons ;-)

Listen... @Viktor Jaep approximations led to a plane crash when testing WXMON + RTRHTR. We were going to make a circle around Niagara Falls only, but one of the engines fell in a farm in Kentucky! How is this possible? The plane is still in the body shop. Spin down to the ground from 10.000ft cracked my windshield as well. You @JGrana and you @ExtremeFiretop like the posts, but I'm paying the bills. What is there for me to like? 🤪

You Like it?

Come here and see how many rusted bolts hold this windshield! And I had to cut it from a piece of acrylic because no Copart around had the original glass one. 🤨

Update: I think about upgrade possibilities. Ability to open the windscreen in-flight seems like very cool feature... hmm. HomeDepot sells some good hinges, no?

1710698052380.png

Last edited:
Listen... @Viktor Jaep approximations led to a plane crash when testing WXMON + RTRHTR. We were going to make a circle around Niagara Falls only, but one of the engines fell in a farm in Kentucky! How is this possible? The plane is still in the body shop. Spin down to the ground from 10.000ft cracked my windshield as well. You @JGrana and you @ExtremeFiretop like the posts, but I'm paying the bills. What is there for me to like? 🤪

It wouldn't be fun if there weren't a few tiny little risks. I mean, RTRHTR is like pre-alpha because it's been hard to control the BTUs with Garmin avionics integrations due to WXMON. The APIs are much to be desired for in the cockpit! I came to to conclusion that BTU x Altitude + RTRHTR = % RISK

I came to to conclusion that BTU x Altitude + RTRHTR = % RISK

You came to this conclusion now? 🤨

Back then you only told me to reset Asus avionics to factory defaults and unplug the USB flight recorder... which I did twice somewhere over Buffalo, remember? Then you told me my AC-to-DC* 12V conversion is not working properly which wasn't true based on where the voltage gauge got stuck on impact. It clearly shows over 10V and under 15V, well within specs. You perhaps didn't know, but the voltage gauge was found some 40km further of where the engine was found.

1710701747273.png

* - I even used recommended by you brand, made in Australia. Took me some time to find it on Craigslist.

1710702633149.png

Anything else you want to say in your defense? Time to take some responsibility, I think Mr. Scripter... 🧐

Anything else you want to say in your defense? Time to take some responsibility, I think Mr. Scripter... 🧐

Listen, it's all a blur. All I remember is that the steaks were cooking to perfection on the grille assembly directly above the RTRHTR unit. Then I blacked out. I blame your reliance on SOHO hardware for mission-critical BBQ operations.

Last edited:
On a more serious note... I checked temps on a remote RT-AX88U that I manage. I was not thrilled with 73˚C, so I moved router to wire mesh shelf (to allow more airflow from underneath) and added USB exhaust fan on top of it. Temp is now 48˚C! MUCH BETTER...

All I remember is that the steaks were cooking to perfection

I think we overdid the BBQ souse. Let's not talk about this. 🤫

1710708930780.png

I checked temps on a remote RT-AX88U that I manage. I was not thrilled with 73˚C, so I moved router to wire mesh shelf

Okay... how did you physically move a remote managed router? 😲

Visited remote site?

... added USB exhaust fan on top of it. Temp is now 48˚C! MUCH BETTER...
USB powered exhaust fans are the best! I might drop one on top of my 75C AX6000 here soon...

I was hoping for some unlocking superpowers we don't know about solution. Very disappointed. 😞
I pretty much just use force-remote-viewing Jedi mind tricks whenever I need to inspect some remote equipment... not sure about you all... just saying. ;)

It's a hacker thing.

I thought it was a Jedi mind trick thing.
On a serious note, do you guys run your router behind any other network appliances?

My home router is a Netgate 5100 appliance running pfSense.

I had built a desktop running pfsense for many years, the ongoing UPnP issues made me swap. (Couldn't deal with the ongoing complaints from my roommates at the time complaining of nat issues playing on their xboxes lol.) I think it's since been solved though.

I have no one on my home network interested in games needing port forwarding. Using this device for >4 years already, there was an Xbox attached to it and was working properly. Currently UPnP is disabled on it and all work/learn from home things don't have issues. It's EoL now, but still getting updates.

WAN IP - the same as @Viktor Jaep. 🤭

I have no one on my home network interested in games needing port forwarding. Using this device for >4 years already, there was an Xbox attached to it and was working properly.
The problem stemmed from multiple xboxs all running the same game, (i.e CoD) requesting access to the same port to the router, IIRC I think it was mostly fine if it was only one xbox.
But the second we had 3 or 4 xboxes it became a nightmare. I just looked up the old issue thread, and it's been marked as solved now, so surely if i ever needed to replicate that setup these days it would be easier.
Other than that little mishap, it was a great system. :)

I can't test multiple games related things, unfortunately. No much gaming hardware available around me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!