What's new

Assigning static internal IP address for ASUS AiCloud/FTP-application

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnnaX

Occasional Visitor
Not sure I'm putting this question in the right subforum, so many to chose from.

I'm on a Asus RT-N66W (same as RT-N66U, just different colour) with AsusWRT-Merlin firmware. It has a function to work as a FTP server through Asus DDNS (myusername.asuscomm.com) but even though I run a VPN client 24/7 on the router it still reveals my true IP to the Asus DDNS-service thus anyone look it up through iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php

It seems that all applications installed on the router is communicating not using the VPN which kind of makes sense. I had the same problem with the bittorrent client that I'm using on the router but I managed to solve that by following a guide and now I have Transmission installed on the router and it uses the VPN client. The solution was to assign and bind Transmission a specific internal IP address and then just put that address to be routed in the VPN client on the router.

My question is basically, how do I assign and bind an internal IP address to Cloud Disk/FTP DDNS service? Surely it must be the same way as the solution for the Transmission application? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• screenshot.PNG
    screenshot.PNG
    260.2 KB · Views: 488

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!