1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus AC1750 (RT-AC66U B1) doesn´t work

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Ivan Drago, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago New Around Here

Hi.
    I can´t get my Asus AC1750 (RT-AC66U B1) to work. My father bought this last year and it have been laying around. I came home now to fix it.

When powering it up holding the reset button the power LED lights for 15 sec and then turns off for 15 seconds and then again light up for 15 seconds. I thought this was recovery mode.

I tried holding WPS + Power. no luck
    Reset + power to enter recovery mode. No luck connecting to it through 192.168.1.1 or with "firmware restoration". Firmware restorartion says "the wireless router is not i recovery mode"

If I power it on without doing anyhing the power LED goes black after 2 minutes.

How can I force a flash with the newest firmware on it?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

4. Ivan Drago

5. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

Why not? Procedure to get into recovery mode is the same for most Asus routers.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

6. Marin

Marin Regular Contributor

You have to be somewhat patient with this as you don't always go into (CFE/Asus) recovery mode as quickly as you would want to. Try these things:

1. No other cables are attached to your router and PC-the only thing connecting them is the ethernet cable (I am hoping you are using port 1 on the router)

2. Turn WIFI on PC/laptop off (if applicable).

3. Make sure to assign your PC a static IP address (for example 192.168.1.10) while the gateway is 192.168.1.1 (subnet 255.255.255.0).

4. Turn your router off. Keep it off while you clear your PC's browser's cache and restart it.

5. While router is off press RESET button for 5-6 seconds then power ON while maintaining RESET button pressed for another 5-6 seconds. If the light flashes slowly (long pause off, then on for few seconds then off again) you should be in recovery mode.

6. While this is happening, open your browser and type 192.168.1.1. You should see the Asus Recovery page as soon as you hit enter. If that doesn't happen, don't give up just yet. Clear browser cache again and close it. Open up again and retype the gateway address. You may have to do this several times and you will eventually get a response from the router.

7. If this doesn't happen, then try the WPS method. While maintaining WPS button pressed power ON router. This time keep both buttons pressed for at least 1 minute (or even 2) and until all lights flash quickly. BE PATIENT when you are doing this. If this happens, then let lights flash for a while and turn router off.

8. Try to get the router in recovery mode by trying Step 5 above and by clearing your browser' cache.

9. Once in recovery mode, clear NVRAM and then flash with firmware file from Asus website.

Hope this helps. I think your router can be salvaged.

Marin

7. Ivan Drago

Tried all these. Does not work :/
    Returning it to the shop tomorrow, I hope they will replace it.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!