What's new

ASUS AC66U change channels (Merlin)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diep

New Around Here
Hello everybody,

I have bought a ASUS AC66U and updated with a Merlin Build and works pretty good but like to change the channel for the 2,4 G Band to 9 or 10 or 11.

I have several other Wifi points in the area.

How can I do that or force such a thing, I found the control channel option with the values 9l or 9u and I am not sure.

Thx for the help.

Did you reset the router before or after flashing? If Not, then do so.

Then see pic.

Attachments

• changechannel.jpg
    changechannel.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 840
Did you reset the router before or after flashing? If Not, then do so.

Then see pic.

Hi KGB&,

You mean the reset witch at the top of the Asus?
Not yet.
I shall do that right away and let you know.

Thx.

Hi KGB&,

You mean the reset witch at the top of the Asus?
Not yet.
I shall do that right away and let you know.

Thx.

In the back of the router, there is small round hole and it has a switch in it, you need to use a ball point pen, and hold the switch down for 10sec.

This means you are in 40 MHz mode (which is a bad idea on the 2.4 GHz band). 9u and 9l refer to which second channel will be used (the upper one, or the lower one).

This means you are in 40 MHz mode (which is a bad idea on the 2.4 GHz band). 9u and 9l refer to which second channel will be used (the upper one, or the lower one).

Hello RMerlin and KGB7,

Well it worked. Thx.
I did both, reset and RMerlin suggestion channels bandwidth to 20 MHz.
Then I could change the channels.

I noticed a strange thing in the 5Ghz channels, I tried to put the 5GHZ channels at wireless mode AC +N only and channel bandwidth 40Mhz (I think it is a correct combi) and apply, the router doesn't like that.
Still processing and take a long time after an page refresh it didn't save it.

I like to do that because I can't see/detect the 5Ghz SSID on all of my wireless dual band clients and SSID detection tools. Even on auto default settings.

@RMerlin I see a lot of SSID in the neighborhood working at 2,4 Ghz on the 40 Mhz band. (All on Auto?).

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2013-12-29 om 09.08.39.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2013-12-29 om 09.08.39.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 607
I believe it is a bug in the firmware. I do agree that using 40mhz on 2.4 ghz band is not the best idea in a crowded environment but that said it should still be a option that should work but it don't and I don't see them trying to fix it. Every other router I have had this was never a problem.