What's new

Asus AX Mini XD4 - can not disable WPS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

friben

New Around Here
i placed few asus xd4 nodes around the house. they are runnings in access point mode and they are connected/synced with lan cable (backhaul).

the newest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_46061) is installed on all xp4 nodes. changing wifi settings get synced successfully. but i can not disable the wifi WPS. even when i turn it off in the settings, its still enabled. restart etc. does not help. maybe its a firmware bug or the settings page is broken.

the xd4 does also have SSH. how can i disable the WPS via ssh??

Attachments

• xd4_wps1.png
    xd4_wps1.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 177
  • xd4_wps2.png
    xd4_wps2.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 115
i placed few asus xd4 nodes around the house. they are runnings in access point mode and they are connected/synced with lan cable (backhaul).

the newest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_46061) is installed on all xp4 nodes. changing wifi settings get synced successfully. but i can not disable the wifi WPS. even when i turn it off in the settings, its still enabled. restart etc. does not help. maybe its a firmware bug or the settings page is broken.

the xd4 does also have SSH. how can i disable the WPS via ssh??

How do you know that WPS is still enabled? I think it is just configured, not enabled.

OE

with SSH i found 2 files with wifi settings.
\tmp\wl0_hapd.conf
\tmp\wl1_hapd.conf

Code:
## General configurations
driver=nl80211
ctrl_interface_group=0
## Interface configurations
interface=wl0
hw_mode=g
channel=1
country_code=E0
ieee80211d=1
ieee80211h=1
beacon_int=100
bridge=br0
dtim_period=1
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ssid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
auth_algs=1
ap_isolate=0
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wpa=2
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=CCMP
wpa_group_rekey=3600
wpa_ptk_rekey=0
wpa_passphrase=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ieee80211w=0
disable_dgaf=0
hs20_deauth_req_timeout=0
osen=0
wmm_enabled=1

but there is no "wps_state" entry. so i added a new line with "wps_state=0". uploading is working. but how do i refresh the new settings? after reboot the line is not there anymore.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!