What's new

Asus AX89X still worth?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does your rx rates in network map shows 2882M rx rates for wifi6 devices?
Is this one of the differences between B1 and B2? Are there any other differences?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (2).png
    Снимок экрана (2).png
    169.2 KB · Views: 217
Is this one of the differences between B1 and B2? Are there any other differences?

newer hardware appear to use newer QCN9074 chipset over the original 5054.

If your is B1 and it is also showing RX 3602M, it does seem this hardware change took effect from revision B. Qualcomm have revised their networking pro 1200 webpage to only QCN9074

9074 has qualcom proprietary 4K qam. https://community.arubanetworks.com...-1e6a-4b9a-9349-df7b4c84b3cb&tab=digestviewer

The way to further validate is using xiaomi m11 with its enabled 4K qam to see if the TX is giving 2882M

or it could just be the asuswrt stock firmware giving misreadings...

Last edited:
newer hardware appear to use newer QCN9074 chipset over the original 5054.

If your is B1 and it is also showing RX 3602M, it does seem this hardware change took effect from revision B. Qualcomm have revised their networking pro 1200 webpage to only QCN9074

9074 has qualcom proprietary 4K qam. https://community.arubanetworks.com...-1e6a-4b9a-9349-df7b4c84b3cb&tab=digestviewer

The way to further validate is using xiaomi m11 with its enabled 4K qam to see if the TX is giving 2882M

or it could just be the asuswrt stock firmware giving misreadings...

I know this is an older thread, but do you have any proof? Theres nothing in US FCC database that goes along with this.

Theres two AX89X revisions IE: MSQ-RTAX2E01 (B1+B2?) and the original MSQ-RTAX2E00 (A1+A2).. Both are 5054 based.

Networking pro 1200 may have been "updated", but a change of radio or QAM would require completely new certification. Hence why I think B2 is still 5054.

4K QAM also wouldn't be activated even if the hardware supported.. Requires capable clients and software/firmware to scale into higher MCS.

Synology RT6600AX has a newer QCN9024, (HW supports 4K QAM, but it would be the same story..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an older thread, but do you have any proof? Theres nothing in US FCC database that goes along with this.

Theres two AX89X revisions IE: MSQ-RTAX2E01 (B1+B2?) and the original MSQ-RTAX2E00 (A1+A2).. Both are 5054 based.

Networking pro 1200 may have been "updated", but a change of radio or QAM would require completely new certification. Hence why I think B2 is still 5054.

4K QAM also wouldn't be activated even if the hardware supported.. Requires capable clients and software/firmware to scale into higher MCS.

Synology RT6600AX has a newer QCN9024, (HW supports 4K QAM, but it would be the same story..)

I am sorry i do not have hardware proof as that entails me to dismantle. Was just going by the readouts in the setup page. Which the readings may be wrong as you mentioned

Reactions: jsz
I am sorry i do not have hardware proof as that entails me to dismantle. Was just going by the readouts in the setup page. Which the readings may be wrong as you mentioned
dmesg or /sys/ ought to be authoritative about what hardware it's running on.

Need telnet. don't think /sys/ will work but dmesg may. sysinfo | more is another option.

"cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/model" returns "Broadcom BCM947622" on my XT8s which are supposed to have "BCM6755" which has a different product page at broadcom.

Last edited:
I can only get my AX86U and AX86S to display one of the radios being BCM6710 under eth6.. Can't pull up info on the 5G radio which is obviously bcm43684, just doesn't say it anywhere, at least out of the options i've tried.

I was curious if I could find out the internal clock speeds of the ARM A7 core on radios. I have an idea of the 5G radio, but I want to know what the 3x3 6710 is..

In regards to the AX89X's QCA platform, the NSS/NPU is on the Main IPQ8074A A53. Different design.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!