What's new

Asus FTP Server - access to the server if TLS enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andro

Occasional Visitor
Router: RT-AX86
Firmware version (stock): 3.0.0.4.388.23285

The problem is that when the option "Enable TLS support" is enabled on the server, unfortunately I cannot connect to the server using my smartphone. For testing purposes, I tried to connect to the server using clients on Windows: FileZilla and WinSCP and here the connection is done correctly. For Android, I use this File manager but I also tried others, unfortunately but it is not possible to connect to the server when "Enable TLS support" is enabled. I'm wondering what could be the cause of this. It seems to me that on the previous version of the firmware, such a connection with the option "Enable TLS support" worked. Generally, I can access the FTP server from the LAN and from the outside only via VPN so TLS may not be so important in this case but I would like to know what could be the reason that it does not work on Android.

11.png

22.png

I had the same problem with AndFTP. Try these changes in a vsftpd.postconf script.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

# Enable TLS/SSL
sed -i "s/ftpd_banner.*/ftpd_banner=Welcome to the FTP service./g" $CONFIG
pc_append "ssl_ciphers=HIGH" $CONFIG                   # Required for Core FTP LE
pc_append "require_ssl_reuse=NO" $CONFIG               # Required for AndFTP

Last edited:
I had the same problem with AndFTP. Try these changes in a vsftpd.postconf script.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

# Enable TLS/SSL
sed -i "s/ftpd_banner.*/ftpd_banner=Welcome to the FTP service./g" "$CONFIG"
pc_append  "ssl_ciphers=HIGH" "$CONFIG"                 # Required for Core FTP LE
pc_append  "require_ssl_reuse=NO" $CONFIG               # Required for AndFTP
Forgive me for a perhaps silly question o_O I have access to the router via PuTTy, how to execute this code, where to type it, whether to paste it all in and ENTER. How to access the vsftpd.postconf file

The OP is using stock firmware!

Unfortunately, the problem still exists in the latest firmware (300438824231). I'll ask just out of curiosity, does this problem also exist on the latest Asuswrt-Merlin software or has this problem been fixed there? Is it that if the problem exists on the stock firmware it also must exists on the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!