What's new

Asus Ookla speed test : Picking the speed test site manually

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mogulman

Regular Contributor
Anyone know if there is a way to trick/manually change the location of an Asus router, so that you can pick a speed test that it outside of your local area? I'm in a very rural area. The sites available in the Asus Speed test/Ookla test in my local area, are not good sites for testing higher speeds.

Anyone know if there is a way to trick/manually change the location of an Asus router, so that you can pick a speed test that it outside of your local area? I'm in a very rural area. The sites available in the Asus Speed test/Ookla test in my local area, are not good sites for testing higher speeds.
There is a drop-down above Download/Upload to choose sites.

There is a drop-down above Download/Upload to choose sites.
That will only let you pick sites that are physically close to you. I'm about 100 miles from the Denver area. Ideally, I'd like to be able to test against Denver test sites. Using the Ookla app on my phone or a PC, I'm able to pick other locations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!