What's new

Asus RT-AC1200G+ dropping streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Since I updated 3.0.0.4.382_51612 firmware I have noticed random key generation in syslog presumably this is an attempt to prevent Kr00K as noted in the firmware notes. But as soon as the random key is generated anything that is streaming stops. Is there any way to reduce the amount of keys generated in settings as it seems quite often at the moment?

I have contacted Asus through their Technical support and await a reply. This happens on both bands 2.4 and 5 depending which key is generated. Any workarounds?

Do you have the option "Group Key Rotation Interval" under Wireless - General (for each band) that you can change?

Yes currently set to 3600 secs I will try maximizing that. Now set to 2592000 secs which is 30 days if the random key generator is tied to this.

Last edited:
Well had a couple of key changes during the night on 5ghz so the key rotation of 30 days didnt work. Wonder what Asus TS will come back after sending logs and settings files.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!