What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mstombs

Very Senior Member
Description
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831
Security Fixed
- Fixed XSS issue in WDS page. Special thanks for Jamie's contribution.
- Fixed LPR buffer overflow issue. Special thanks for GeekPwn contribution.
- Remoted DHCP information disclosure.

Bug Fixed
- Fixed smart sync GUI issue.
- Fixed reboot issue when using repeater mode.

Modifications
- Added bluetooth coexistence option in wireless--> professional.
Bluetooth audio transmission(A2DP) near router would interfere 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, enabling bluetooth coexistence can reduce the speed drop.
Known issue: Enabling this option would also reduce 2.4G maximum throughput a little, so the default value is disable.
- Modified failback behavior when only turn on dual wan failover.
- Modified the firmware upgrade page.
After upgraded to this version, user can see the newer firmware release note in the GUI and unnecessary to go to support site.

MD5:5c625ffc9e858bc215788ec202387c2b
File Size 29.29 MBytes 2016/07/08 update

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

Anyone actually using this yet? How is it performing? Did they finally close the ability to go back to previous builds using the recovery utility?

Anyone actually using this yet? How is it performing? Did they finally close the ability to go back to previous builds using the recovery utility?
I just flashed ASWRT Merlin 380.59 on my RT-AC66R. I was previously on ASUS' latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.380_3831, which I can confirm will not load an uncertified firmware via GUI. I had no problem installing Merlin using the recovery mode and TFTP.

- Modified failback behavior when only turn on dual wan failover. The USB Aircard issue that has left me on 378.9459 since December seems to be fixed in 380.3831. I have 2-66u routers I use in what I call Hillbilly Internet (15 years ago I use to have to use a laptop and a router to do this it was Hillbilly) now it can be done with just the router and a USB Aircard. Its great to provide internet in an area you cant get a hard wired connection to. I set it up with the USB as the second fail over connection and it works great. Never could get it to work as the primary connection but it definitely works as secondary. Happy to see this working again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!